Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi now has Pre Qual CC site

tag
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi now has Pre Qual CC site

@CreditScholar wrote:

I was pre-qualified for their AA and Simplicity cards. Neither are of any interest to me, but just for another data point.

Had you ever received mailings about those cards?

Message 41 of 45
RonDawg
Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@tcbofade wrote:

Hmph.  Ran both myself and DW through it...and we're not prequalified for any of them either...

I think in part you need to be on their radar to begin with.  I won't know till I pull my annual reports next year, but I'm uncertain that a SP is actually done in all cases with pre-qual sites.  Hopefully someone else who has the ability to see their SP's in semi-short order will play with it and report back.

I can tell you that they are not soft pulling ex or eq because I can see the soft pulls from those reports however TU hates me so I can't check them.

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 42 of 45
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@RonDawg wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@tcbofade wrote:

Hmph.  Ran both myself and DW through it...and we're not prequalified for any of them either...

I think in part you need to be on their radar to begin with.  I won't know till I pull my annual reports next year, but I'm uncertain that a SP is actually done in all cases with pre-qual sites.  Hopefully someone else who has the ability to see their SP's in semi-short order will play with it and report back.

I can tell you that they are not soft pulling ex or eq because I can see the soft pulls from those reports however TU hates me so I can't check them.

That's 95% confirmation in my opinion; in my case I won't know till I get my annual EX since every lender on the planet seems to want that report from me, and historically Citi has followed the standard national lender distribution EX/EQ >> TU for pulls.

        
Message 43 of 45
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

I was pre-qualified for their AA and Simplicity cards. Neither are of any interest to me, but just for another data point.

Had you ever received mailings about those cards?

I have received mailings from Citi, but I'm not sure what cards they were about. Up until they released the Hilton Reserve card, I haven't had any interest in their cards so I just threw out the envelopes without opening them. Those 2 cards were clearly chosen based on my current profile. They can see that I like airline cards as I currently have 2, both with decent-sized limits. I have a feeling they also included the Simplicity for the 18 month 0% BT option, since my credit reports show a balance of around 10k every month on my Chase cards. To them it might look like I'm carrying a 10k balance that I'm struggling to pay off, but in reality I charge around 10k every month and PIF after the statement cuts.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 44 of 45
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

They didn't match me to anything, but when I sign into their deposit accounts side, I get an offer for Thank You Preferred: 15000 thank you points after $1000 in spending, 12 months no interest and 5 points per dollar at drugstores, supermarkets, and gas stations.

Message 45 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.