tag
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Citi preapproval

@ezdoesit wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@ezdoesit wrote:

@Jaylima91 wrote:
Yeah that is a great idea. I don't travel international but FTF on an amex is inconvenient I know

While the advantage to the PRG is it's transfer partners you could still do that with the EDP get MR at a better rate and pay a $95 Af opposed to $175 better to keep that $80 dollars in your wallet.  Also you could go for the Delta card which has no FTF but then you are pigeon holed to using Delta though their might be some airlines that you can use Delta points to travel on their airline but that is something you would have to research.

Another thing if you went this route Amex revolvers have a higher UW standard than their charge cards.

While that is true prg has zero annual fee first year. If you get 50k sign up bonus its better than any sign up bonus you can get from EDP, in addition to zero AF. 

I agree with that but that is a targeted offer not for the general public.  Just going on what is offered on their website. 

Even the current offer is better on the PRG but depending on ones spend you can easily make up that difference especially if you can make the 30 swipes per month.

Each person values it differently for me I am waiting on 50k signup offer i know its targeted but i can wait. For me personally i am going to wait till i get 50k offer and then probably do PRG/ED app at same time. I will probably close PRG before AF hits in an year, and will have ED to hold my MR with no AF. I feel ED is an pretty under rated card, since its only amex that has no af that you can gain and store MR points. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 21 of 22
HARRIS10
Established Member

Re: Citi preapproval

It's not reliable at all they sent me a letter so I went online & tried the the pre was offered about 5 cards but was denied for a thin file so watch out if file thin
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.