Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi premier card on the chopping block

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Re: Citi premier card on the chopping block

I finally forced myself to call in and cancelled this card today. There was no retention offer, which is odd since I don't think there was one for the prestige either so I am wondering if I need to start asking to be transferred to retentions. They tried to get me to PC, but its only a 8.2k line and I have zero interest in the pref card. I already have the double cash and I will likely try to PC my reserve card into a dividend if they allow it in the next few months. I totally forgot to ask if they could just move the credit line over, but from what I remember Citi usually requires a HP for such a thing and I have no interest in that. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

The dividend is still available if you wish to switch your prestige.
Message 22 of 25
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
The dividend is still available if you wish to switch your prestige.

My prestige is a double cash now. I changed that over a few months ago. My hilton reserve is the next card up and I am waiting until the month of October to hear what Citi's plans are before making a final decision. If I can PC that to a dividend I will. 

;
Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you can afford the available credit drop or can transfer to another citi card it sounds like you just need to close it.
Message 24 of 25
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
If you can afford the available credit drop or can transfer to another citi card it sounds like you just need to close it.

I closed the premier card several days ago, and didn't worry about the credit line since it seemed too much hassle to try to move it. 

;
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.