Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi prestige points reward is superior to Amex

tag
bigbang91
Established Contributor

Citi prestige points reward is superior to Amex

So my 2nd statement just closed yesterday, and i still have 900 appear as pending and not included in the statement, short of 15k.guess what! Citi awards me the 30k bonus anyway, wow, im impress, fastest ive ever seen. And definitely beats amex anyday. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi prestige points reward is superior to Amex

nasty lol 

Message 2 of 8
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

NICE!!! I'm tempted to apply for the Prestige but I'm going to hold off. I did the prequal thing and the Premier and 4 others popped up. Prestige didn't show but I'm not ready to app anyways. It'll be between those two. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not surprised by this.  I have been very disappointed with my Amex Gold card.

Message 4 of 8
red259
Super Contributor

I'm considering this card. I have two citi cards in the SD now. I checked pre-qual and the citi priemier pops up as being pre-qualified for me. I don't see the prestige but I would assume both cards have same underwriting? How accurate is the citi pre-qual?

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bigbang91 wrote:

So my 2nd statement just closed yesterday, and i still have 900 appear as pending and not included in the statement, short of 15k.guess what! Citi awards me the 30k bonus anyway, wow, im impress, fastest ive ever seen. And definitely beats amex anyday. 

Thats impressive Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 8
Sharingan
Established Contributor

@red259 wrote:

I'm considering this card. I have two citi cards in the SD now. I checked pre-qual and the citi priemier pops up as being pre-qualified for me. I don't see the prestige but I would assume both cards have same underwriting? How accurate is the citi pre-qual?

I think it's a safe bet that they have the same underwriting. The Premier will appeal to a greater number of people due to the significantly lower annual fee along with the recent revamp, so I'm sure that's why they are pushing it more than the Prestige. Every Citi pre-qual I have received has been an approval. I received the Simplicity mailer many years ago that was approved. My AA card and my DC card had the best interest rates (no range of possible rates) from the online pre-qual offers, so I was fairly confident that they were going to be approvals upon applying. I've seen some posts of people being denied even with a pre-qualified offer, but I haven't encountered that yet. 

Message 7 of 8
bch238
Regular Contributor

I had the same experience.  50k posted with my first statement.

FICO Scores (MARCH 2016): EQ 829; EX 825; TU 828
AmEx BCP $25,000; AmEx Platinum (NPSL); Barclaycard JetBlue Rewards $5,000; Bank of America Cash Rewards $27,500; Chase Sapphire Preferred $33,700; Chase Marriott Rewards Premier $15,000; Chase Freedom $12,000; Citi Prestige $30,500; Virgin America Premium $25,000; The Home Depot Card $20,500; Capital One Platinum $15,000
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.