Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi prestige..

tag
Gornet
Frequent Contributor

Citi prestige..

Just saw the new prestige and its GAWGOUS... 

Is it metal?

Is it a hard to get?

I may apply 8)

PRG NPSL - Reserve 4.5k - Delta Gold 6.5k - Ritz 6.8k - CSP 5k
My Credit story
Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi prestige..

@Gornet wrote:

Is it metal?

Is it a hard to get?

I may apply 8)

Not metal, and I don't know if it's "hard" to get, I think Citi is new account and inq sensitive though. 

Message 2 of 32
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

The current design is not metal. When the new one is shipped, I will let you know if it is. 

And no, the card is not hard to get. 

Message 3 of 32
Gornet
Frequent Contributor

I think i will apply at the end of the year!
Please keep me posted on the metal part...

The new one does look metal 

PRG NPSL - Reserve 4.5k - Delta Gold 6.5k - Ritz 6.8k - CSP 5k
My Credit story
Message 4 of 32
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

450 is an pretty steep AF :-)

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 5 of 32
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gornet wrote:

Is it metal?

Is it a hard to get?

I may apply 8)

Not metal, and I don't know if it's "hard" to get, I think Citi is new account and inq sensitive though. 

Citi really isn't that sensitive if you know how to play their game.  The general rule of thumb is no more than 6 inq in the last 6 months for whichever CR Citi pulls.  

Message 6 of 32
davidsawsparks
Contributor

@Gornet wrote:

Is it metal?

Is it a hard to get?

I may apply 8)

The card is made of carbon fiber and the green arc is translucent. The emv chip is also on the front.

Message 7 of 32
awp317
Frequent Contributor

Citi sent me a thing in august and said I would get my card in mid october. Still havent seen it yet, but the icon when I log in to CITI has finally changed so wondering if that means mine mailed out. Curious to see it in person. 

Citi is very inquirty sensitive I have found. I was only ever approved for citi if I left my credit alone then applied for their product, something IM surprised at too is they still havent switched me from a HP CLI to a SP cli on the prestige, Its been over a year since I have had it too, I have had the premier card forever and that has been soft pull CLI after 6 months of owning it. I just havent done it as I prefer getting CLIS every 6 months on my prestige instead. Im honestly not sure why I keep the premier. 

Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 8 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

They pull EX here it seems.

I'd go for a first year AF free offer if i could get them to pull TU instead.

Message 9 of 32
L-TWT
Established Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

450 is an pretty steep AF :-)

Not if you at least purchase 1 airplane ticket a year, B/C the $250 airline statement credit one is SUPPOSE to get annually, brings AF to $200!

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.