cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi prestige..

tag
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

Re: The Airline statement credits are bit of a misnomor to me...

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@ezdoesit wrote:

@davidsawsparks wrote:

@awp317 wrote:

The Airline statement credits are bit of a misnomor to me. I thought you just got a credit for an airline purchase, No its a statement credit for any additional fees associated with your flight, for baggage, etc. Not an actual credit just for purchasing a plane ticket. 

This is directly from their T&C "Airline Fees are defined as purchases made with airlines including Air fares, baggage fees, lounge access and some in-flight purchases."

For someone who flys a lot this card is definitely worth it.  With the airline credit, expanded lounge access, 4th free night. and extra 60% on redemption on AA and US airway flights.

If you don't fly a lot the premier would be better for point accumulation and the sign up bonus is better provided you keep the card the second year.

It depends. Signing up for the Prestige in branch is better, as it provides:

$350 AF instead of $450.

60k TY points after hitting two milestones (30k points after 3k spend in 3 months and another 30k points after 12k total spend in a year).

That I didn't know now I am tempted.  Is the $350 AF a permanent price?

Message 21 of 32
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@ezdoesit wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@ezdoesit wrote:

@davidsawsparks wrote:

@awp317 wrote:

The Airline statement credits are bit of a misnomor to me. I thought you just got a credit for an airline purchase, No its a statement credit for any additional fees associated with your flight, for baggage, etc. Not an actual credit just for purchasing a plane ticket. 

This is directly from their T&C "Airline Fees are defined as purchases made with airlines including Air fares, baggage fees, lounge access and some in-flight purchases."

For someone who flys a lot this card is definitely worth it.  With the airline credit, expanded lounge access, 4th free night. and extra 60% on redemption on AA and US airway flights.

If you don't fly a lot the premier would be better for point accumulation and the sign up bonus is better provided you keep the card the second year.

$350 AF instead of $450.

60k TY points after hitting two milestones (30k points after 3k spend in 3 months and another 30k points after 12k total spend in a year).

LOL, I didn't either, heyarrnold was nice enough to tell me.

I believe that it is indeed a permanent price, and not just promotional. I believe I have read about others paying the same AF the second year, and all the paperwork I got from them states a reoccuring $350 AF.

Message 22 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@ezdoesit wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@ezdoesit wrote:

@davidsawsparks wrote:

@awp317 wrote:

$350 AF instead of $450.

LOL, I didn't either, heyarrnold was nice enough to tell me.

I believe that it is indeed a permanent price, and not just promotional. I believe I have read about others paying the same AF the second year, and all the paperwork I got from them states a reoccuring $350 AF.

This may be lucrative after all.

Just gotta see what the U/W is.

Message 23 of 32
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Citi prestige..

@davidsawsparks wrote:

The $250 towards airfare + 4th night free at ANY hotel (which I plan on using at least twice a year) + 3 complimentary rounds of golf is worth more than the annual fee to me. With those 3 benefits, I'll net almost 500 dollars from the card every year.

Oh, I didn't know about that.

is the 4th night free a benefit provided by Citi, or is that provided by Mastercard?

If it is provided by the latter, then there's probably a lot of exclusions and too many hoops to jump through.

If it's provided by Citi, I'm intrigued to see how it fares against Amex's FHR program. Do I have to book the hotel through Citi? Or do I book it on my own, use my Prestige to pay for it, and then request for credit from Citi?

If I have to book through Citi, and if it's anything like booking airlines via Spirit Incentivies (which Citi contracted), then that's going to be ugh...... Availability is extremely limited, though prices seem to be in line, if not cheaper than Expedia.

When it comes to booking hotels, I usually book it through FHR (or through the hotel if they provide a much better deal) simply because of the perks and credits that come with it. A number of hotels are also 4th night free as well, and sometimes there are also 3rd or even 2nd night free promotions, though very rare. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 24 of 32
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@enharu wrote:

@davidsawsparks wrote:

The $250 towards airfare + 4th night free at ANY hotel (which I plan on using at least twice a year) + 3 complimentary rounds of golf is worth more than the annual fee to me. With those 3 benefits, I'll net almost 500 dollars from the card every year.

is the 4th night free a benefit provided by Citi, or is that provided by Mastercard?

If it is provided by the latter, then there's probably a lot of exclusions and too many hoops to jump through.

If it's provided by Citi, I'm intrigued to see how it fares against Amex's FHR program. Do I have to book the hotel through Citi? Or do I book it on my own, use my Prestige to pay for it, and then request for credit from Citi?

If I have to book through Citi, and if it's anything like booking airlines via Spirit Incentivies (which Citi contracted), then that's going to be ugh...... Availability is extremely limited, though prices seem to be in line, if not cheaper than Expedia.

When it comes to booking hotels, I usually book it through FHR (or through the hotel if they provide a much better deal) simply because of the perks and credits that come with it. A number of hotels are also 4th night free as well, and sometimes there are also 3rd or even 2nd night free promotions, though very rare. 

Enharu,

4th night free is when you book through Carlson Wagonlit Travel, as designated by Mastercard. To make the reservation you call the Prestige Concierge. Haven't done it myself personally.

Message 25 of 32
enharu
Super Contributor

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@davidsawsparks wrote:

Enharu,

4th night free is when you book through Carlson Wagonlit Travel, as designated by Mastercard. To make the reservation you call the Prestige Concierge. Haven't done it myself personally.

Oh....that doesn't sound good.

I'll wait for the reviews to come out I suppose.

But cancelling my card and then applying for a new one may be a better option as well (for the sign-up bonus) if I do decide to keep it, if retention doesn't give me a good offer.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 26 of 32
Gornet
Frequent Contributor

Carbonnnnn

hmmm....
I fly alot so i think its worth the AF...

I am actually going back to Hawaii in exactly one weeek Smiley Happy!! Halloweeeeeeen yaaaas.

Already booked my tickets for 4 trips in the next 3 months and they are all with Delta. So I dont know when i will use this card if i ever decide to get one...

PRG NPSL - Reserve 4.5k - Delta Gold 6.5k - Ritz 6.8k - CSP 5k
My Credit story
Message 27 of 32
enharu
Super Contributor

@Gornet wrote:

Carbonnnnn

hmmm....

I am actually going back to Hawaii in exactly one weeek Smiley Happy!! Halloweeeeeeen yaaaas.

Already booked my tickets for 4 trips in the next 3 months and they are all with Delta. So I dont know when i will use this card if i ever decide to get one...

Have you considered other cards? Such as Amex PRG or Plat? Or even a Delta card?

The Prestige isn't a horrible card, but there may be better cards that serve your needs better.

Message 28 of 32
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@enharu wrote:

@Gornet wrote:

Carbonnnnn

hmmm....

Have you considered other cards? Such as Amex PRG or Plat? Or even a Delta card?

The Prestige isn't a horrible card, but there may be better cards that serve your needs better.

If you're flying with Delta, you won't be able to use the Prestige's Admiral's Club access, as you have to have a valid AA flight that day for entry.

Message 29 of 32
Gornet
Frequent Contributor

Lol! I have a PRG, and i also have a delta reserve and delta gold... 

I might leave delta at the end of the year because they are going to ish! (lets be honest)

I might switch to united airlines, american airlines or virgin, not sure yet!

Trisha Paytas said dont fly virgin so that might be out...

PRG NPSL - Reserve 4.5k - Delta Gold 6.5k - Ritz 6.8k - CSP 5k
My Credit story
Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.