Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi - product and app questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi - product and app questions

I am looking to re-invent my credit profile, by beginning the process of closing out the sub-prime/low-limit cards I have and replacing them with prime issuers.  I have been eyeing up Citi.  Based on what others have posted, they seem to be generous with initial CL's as well as frequent auto CLI's.

First on my chopping block are the fee-crazy FP accounts. Below is a summary of my current credit profile from TU (EQ is spotless and EX is slightly worse):

FP Gold - since 9/2008 - 650 CL

FP Plat - since 3/2009 - 750 CL

Orchard - since 3/2009 - 400 CL

Amex (Oasis) - backdated to 4/2004 - 500CL

Cap1 - since 2/2010 - 1.5K CL

Alliant CU - brand new - 15K CL (not reporting yet)

4 derog trades, all paid, all 4+ years old (no collection accounts, just paid CO's)

Several paid/never late auto and student loans

1 open/never late student loan

1 open/never late auto loan

Total: 28 accounts, 8 open, 20 closed (most of them pre-consolidation student loans), 4 derogs.  Scores are below.

Here's my questions....

- First and foremost, how does Citi view derogs?  I have 4 to contend with.

- Is there one Citi product which is more lenient than another from a credit quality standpoint?

- Any experience with what bureau they pull?  Previous posts related to this seem all over the board, wondering if that's still the case.

- Should I wait for my new alliant CC to report?  I struggle with whether it's better to app before it shows up, or wait since it's my highest CL by a long shot.

I'm looking for some guidance on how to proceed.  At some point in the next year, also plan on closing my AmEx oasis and re-apping for a non-recovery product.  Since they are exclusively EX I am waiting until that CRA ages a little more.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi - product and app questions

i got citi forward, they pull equifax, soft pull experian, i m in new york city

Message 2 of 15
laz98
Senior Contributor

they pulled my EX once & denied me, they pulled my gf's EQ & approved.  who knows!

Message 3 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Citi Forward - EQ

I would wait for the alliant card to show up before applying.

Message 4 of 15
andre181
Established Contributor

I have Citi Forward. $5000 CL

The pulled EX for me.

Definitely wait for Alliant to show up.

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 5 of 15
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

andre181 wrote:  Definitely wait for Alliant to show up.

+1

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all for the advice!  I will wait for it to report to the CRA's before applying.  Hopefully the larger CL will help me get a larger initial CL with them...if I'm approved of course.

So it looks like the Citi Forward card is my best bet?

Message 7 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

that's what I would suggest

Message 8 of 15
laz98
Senior Contributor

any updates here?

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not yet...I am waiting for the $15K Alliant visa to post to my CR's befor apping at Citi.  I just activated it the other day, so it'll probably be a month or two before it shows up on all 3.  I suppose it all depends on how they report (EOM, stmt cycle, etc).  Once I app and get the results, I will be sure to post them! 

Thanks and regards, Cardmaster.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.