Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi product change success

tag
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

Citi product change success

I called the number on the back of my card fully expecting a no because I have called twice in the past. I have the Citi Platinum Select with no rewards but a low 6.74%. It's been sitting in my safe unused for more than 6 months.

CSR asked what card I was interested in so I told him Citi Thank You Preferred. Then he asked if I wanted Visa or Mastercard so I told him Mastercard. It took a while and I listened to him read the disclosures. The change wont fully take place until Oct. 20. To my surprise the APR is staying the same.

I'm pretty happy as this is the only Mastercard I have and I was prepared to just let the card close for inactivity.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi product change success

When I login the new card and account number show up. Also the card has already been mailed to me!

Message 2 of 8
SportBike4Life
Regular Contributor

wow, what good service!

Jun 2012 FICO® ~ 734 EQ
Sep 2012 FICO® ~ 684 EQ; 734 TU
Oct 2012 FICO® ~ TBA

Goal for 2014 ~760+

Trying to stay in the garden...but also trying to get as many apps as possible for now Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 8
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

@asteroidblues86 wrote:

I called the number on the back of my card fully expecting a no because I have called twice in the past. I have the Citi Platinum Select with no rewards but a low 6.74%. It's been sitting in my safe unused for more than 6 months.

CSR asked what card I was interested in so I told him Citi Thank You Preferred. Then he asked if I wanted Visa or Mastercard so I told him Mastercard. It took a while and I listened to him read the disclosures. The change wont fully take place until Oct. 20. To my surprise the APR is staying the same.

I'm pretty happy as this is the only Mastercard I have and I was prepared to just let the card close for inactivity.

Read over the new terms carefully when you get them. I tried this exact same conversion and the CSR on the phone told me my APR would stay the same, but the new card terms had a higher APR. Luckily they send out the terms before the conversion takes effect, so I was able to cancel the conversion and keep my low interest rate!

Message 4 of 8
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

Do y'all know can you PC any citi card or just certain ones? For example I just got the Citi AAdvantage..I may want to PC before the $95 AF next year..Is that possible??

~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 5 of 8
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

@scientifics wrote:

@asteroidblues86 wrote:

Read over the new terms carefully when you get them. I tried this exact same conversion and the CSR on the phone told me my APR would stay the same, but the new card terms had a higher APR. Luckily they send out the terms before the conversion takes effect, so I was able to cancel the conversion and keep my low interest rate!

Okay, I will check but I am pretty sure the APR is the same because when I login it's still the same. Either way I will accept any APR because I PIF. I'm just glad to have a reward Mastercard in my wallet.

Message 6 of 8
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

@bamagirl1 wrote:

Do y'all know can you PC any citi card or just certain ones? For example I just got the Citi AAdvantage..I may want to PC before the $95 AF next year..Is that possible??

I believe it is but I can't say for sure. Have you tried calling yet?

Message 7 of 8
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

@asteroidblues86 wrote:

Okay, I will check but I am pretty sure the APR is the same because when I login it's still the same. Either way I will accept any APR because I PIF. I'm just glad to have a reward Mastercard in my wallet.

My APR didn't change online either (I'm guessing it doesn't change until the PC actually takes effect). I always PIF, but I still wanted to keep one low APR card incase I ever have an emergency!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.