cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi product change update

tag
Regular Contributor

Citi product change update

I posted a few weeks ago about a notification I received about Citi changing my account.  I've had the card since 2004, my oldest card and currently has a CL of $13.5K, also my highest.

I received an automated reminder call that citi would be sending a new card with a new acct number and if I had questions to call.  So, I called today because my biggest hesitation about the change was the whole "no pre-set spending limit" and I was worried that it would remove my CL from my credit history.  I really need it to reflect on my reports since I'm young (26) and it has my highest limit (Amex being my 2nd with $10K).

The representative was very nice and actually said he didn't see anything on my account that they were changing anything and that it could have been in error.  He also said that if I do receive the card, that I can immediately call them so they can revert the changes.

He also gave me a promotional APR purchase rate 7.99% (It's currently 17.99%-part of the rate hike that everyone endured when the laws changed) and I didn't even ask!  While I don't plan on buying anything, I appreciate the gesture!

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: 7/8/10: TU - 738 EQ - 750
Previous Score: 1/22/10: TU - 703 EQ - 714
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.