Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi product change

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi product change

I have Citi Diamond preferred card and i have been trying to PC to Citi dividend... but they refused secereal times! i have been having the diamond since 6/2011.

any success by anyone?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Citi product change

@Anonymous wrote:

I have Citi Diamond preferred card and i have been trying to PC to Citi dividend... but they refused secereal times! i have been having the diamond since 6/2011.

any success by anyone?

I would wait until the yearmark to try again.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 4
Woolfman
Established Contributor

I had the citi plat select card and Product changed to the dividend card.   Started the product change in december (you have to wait 45 days due to the card act) it finally went through  on Feb 11th..  Then I guess on Feb 12th they softed my report and decided to close the account. They cited  "Specifically, your credit report indicates the
proportion of balances to credit limits is too high on revolving accounts and too many inquiries in the past 12 months."(Which i do have two cards with balances)  They say they sent me a notice(which i never seen till after they reopened the account magically i had a message online from 2/13)

. I got the notice today... when i tried to use the card finally and it was declined.  So after calling them today to find out what was going on. ( i log in regularlly to this account. Even as i was on the phone with them and they were telling me the account was closed and had been for a month the online account info showed the account open and 17.5k CL available)  So after speaking to three different people, They asked me a few questions (which i am sure included an inquiry). Put me on hold for a few minutes and came back and said ok your account is back open and everything is the same..... 

So just as a heads up .. that was my experience with my product change! Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 4
lovely222
Regular Contributor

Wow, Woolfman that is a horror story! I was hoping to PC my plat select card when I am done paying my 0% balances to the World Elite MasterCard! That's if I'm even approved for that, of course. ;-)
6/13: FICO TU (Walmart): 750
6/13: FICO EQ (Score Watch): 769
Goal: 780+, 0 Balances, No app'ing! (For real this time!!!)
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.