Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi pulls

tag
Hubcapjw
Contributor

Citi pulls

I applied for a citi dividend the other day and was denied. The day I applied they pulled equifax. The very next day the pulled experian. Is this correct? Double pull for a denial?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Citi pulls

@Hubcapjw wrote:

I applied for a citi dividend the other day and was denied. The day I applied they pulled equifax. The very next day the pulled experian. Is this correct? Double pull for a denial?

They double pulled probably to see if they could approve you.  Lenders can double/triple pull and still deny an applicant. 

Sorry for the denial 

Message 2 of 5
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

@Hubcapjw wrote:

Look at it this way--you dodged a bullet. That card sucks, worst rotating categories of any card.

Message 3 of 5
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Citi always pulls EX for me. As Lexie pointed out, if you are borderline they will generally pull another CRA

Message 4 of 5
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@azguy13 wrote:

Citi always pulls EX for me. As Lexie pointed out, if you are borderline they will generally pull another CRA

Surprising. Or maybe not, because I've heard it differs from place to place.

My initial Citi pull was on EX. But all my subsequent CLI reviews (and denials) have been on EQ. Citi seems to be doing AR pulls on both EX and EQ. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.