Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi question

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Citi question

I have the citi hilton reserve for over two years. I am going to reapp for the bonus and then close the older card. Does anyone know if you need to meet your spend requirement on the new card before closing the old card or do you simply need to be approved for the new card before the old card is closed in order to be elgible for the signup bonus? 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi question

@red259 wrote:

I have the citi hilton reserve for over two years. I am going to reapp for the bonus and then close the older card. Does anyone know if you need to meet your spend requirement on the new card before closing the old card or do you simply need to be approved for the new card before the old card is closed in order to be elgible for the signup bonus? 

I'm pretty sure that you just need to be approved for the new card before closing the old one.  But to be safe, why not just wait until the bonus is met and received before closing the old one?

Message 2 of 4
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

I'm pretty sure that you just need to be approved for the new card before closing the old one.  But to be safe, why not just wait until the bonus is met and received before closing the old one?

Because the AF has hit so the clock is running. How long do I have to cancel with citi and get the AF back? I would end up having to pay the AF because I probably wont even get the card in time to meet the spend requirement heh. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

Because the AF has hit so the clock is running. How long do I have to cancel with citi and get the AF back? I would end up having to pay the AF because I probably wont even get the card in time to meet the spend requirement heh. 

I'm not sure how long you have to cancel.  Maybe 30 days?  Might need to give them a call to find out for sure.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.