Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi "luvs" me again

tag
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Citi "luvs" me again

A CLI of $1,400.

They are my new favorite CCC. Until sometime in the future and I have to chat with a CSR.  Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi "luvs" me again

marinevietvet wrote:

A CLI of $1,400.

They are my new favorite CCC. Until sometime in the future and I have to chat with a CSR.  Smiley Sad

Good, very good! $1,400 seems to be the magic amount. I have been getting the same amount, $1,400 in CLIs, about every three months. All things considered, CITI is my favorite CCC too, but its feels strange saying it though.

Message 2 of 24
moonman
Frequent Contributor

congrats!!!!!!!    I opened my citi account in march 09 and got my first cli in five month and then 3 months thereafter like clockwork. I started at 1200 and  now I am at 4100 but so far so good especially with the balance transfer offers they keep offering."crosses fingers for you" that the luv keeps coming.
Message 3 of 24
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@fused wrote:

@MarineVietVet wrote:

A CLI of $1,400.

Good, very good! $1,400 seems to be the magic amount. I have been getting the same amount, $1,400 in CLIs, about every three months. All things considered, CITI is my favorite CCC too, but its feels strange saying it though.

Are you saying I didn't get a special once in a lifetime super secret CLI?   Smiley Surprised  Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

How are you getting these CLI?  Clicking the button on the website, or are they automatic?  I had forgotten about the CLI button for several months and I clicked it yesterday - added $2500. Not bad!

Also, Citi is my new favorite card too, ever since Chase copped out and started the rotating categories...

Message 5 of 24
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

How are you getting these CLI?  Clicking the button on the website, or are they automatic?  I had forgotten about the CLI button for several months and I clicked it yesterday - added $2500. Not bad!

Also, Citi is my new favorite card too, ever since Chase copped out and started the rotating categories...

I have gotten several by clicking the button. I've never gotten an automatic CLI from Citi.

Message 6 of 24
score_building
Senior Contributor

congrats on the nice CLI marinevietvet!  get the form when I check online :smileysad: so I end up aborting mission.

kinda shocked that they agreed to an apr restoral from that freaky default rate RJ that some of us got nailed with.

IME  they've also been rather generous overall, contrite even...

have you ever really kinda liked someone but had some trust issues you were working on together :smileyvery-happy: 

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 7 of 24
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

They may be your love of the day, but not mine.

I have held a CITI Universal Platinum Master Card for well over a decade.  Absolutlely no lates, ever.  It now has a CL of over $20,000.

My current % util on that card is now, and has been for a long time, well under 10%

Yesterday, I received in the mail notice from Master CITI that my card is now being imposed an annual fee of $60.00.

What?

So, they do the extortion sidelines.  They tell me that they willl immediately impose the $60 fee, but try to placate me by offering that IF I make new charges over the next 12 months of at least $2,400 ($200 a month), they will refund my annual fee!  Incetntive to make me want to deal with them?

I dont think so.

That is unconscionable business practice.

Message 8 of 24
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Unconciable yes; but a sign of the times I'm afraid.  From what I'm seeing we can expect more of the same from other lenders as well.

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 24
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

score_building wrote: "...have you ever really kinda liked someone but had some trust issues you were working on together..." :smileyvery-happy:

That is the best description I have read for how I feel about some of those cards in my wallet...

You hit the nail on the head, score_building!

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.