Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi reallocation - No HP

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Citi reallocation - No HP

Not sure where the prior thread was, but upon receving my new Premier, I called Citi to close a card.  While on the phone, they offered to reallocate the CL and specifically mentioned several times that it will be a SP.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi reallocation - No HP

Nice. When I flip-flopped the limits on my TY PRef and DC I was told it would be a HP and it never came through. (Now I'm pretty sure I'm going to close the TY Pref.)

Message 2 of 7
Open123
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice. When I flip-flopped the limits on my TY PRef and DC I was told it would be a HP and it never came through. (Now I'm pretty sure I'm going to close the TY Pref.)

I refused their offer, since I never spend beyond the spend required to earn a bonus on Citi cards.  But, for those interested, it appears Citi has started again to allow for the reallocation of CLs with only SPs.  Or, this option may only exist when one closes a card.

The card I closed was the Preferred.

Message 3 of 7
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Did they allow you to reallocate the entire limit or were they gonna make you keep some
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 4 of 7
Open123
Super Contributor

@icyhot wrote:
Did they allow you to reallocate the entire limit or were they gonna make you keep some

Ah, they wanted me to keep about $500 or $1,000.  For some reason, I couldn't move it all.  It was kind of interesting that the rep kept stressing several times "this has no effect on your credit."

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why wouldn't you accept that offer? Seems silly not to....

What I meant was, it was silly not to...

Message 6 of 7
Open123
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Why wouldn't you accept that offer? Seems silly not to....

What I meant was, it was silly not to...

I've got my reasons.  

Thanks.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.