cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi reallocation request rejected by frontline CSR -- advice on next steps?

tag
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Citi reallocation request rejected by frontline CSR -- advice on next steps?

Hi, I have 2 open Citi DP's with $0 PIF balances on both of them, and they are currently rather useless to me generally overall, so I called Citi to try to submit a reallocation request of the DP's CLs to my new Citi Simplicity card, after which the DP cards would then be closed.  The request however was rejected by the frontline CSR, who added that as far as she was aware, the only way to get a CLI on the Simplicity card would be a new HP.  I know from researching earlier similar threads on the forum that some posters have had luck successfully having Citi do SP reallocation requests from existing card(s) to another card when the cards being reallocated are then closed, whereas for others, Citi told them they used to do that in the past, but can no longer do that.  My question is, from here, what would be the next recommended steps -- for example, asking to talk to an account manager?  Or calling Citi retention, EO, etc.?  I know it is somewhat of a YMMV sort of thing, but I guess I still don't understand why Citi is so haphazard and apparently random/arbitrary, about who they will allow to reallocate and who they won't?  Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi reallocation request rejected by frontline CSR -- advice on next steps?

@galahad15 wrote:

Hi, I have 2 open Citi DP's with $0 PIF balances on both of them, and they are currently rather useless to me generally overall, so I called Citi to try to submit a reallocation request of the DP's CLs to my new Citi Simplicity card, after which the DP cards would then be closed.  The request however was rejected by the frontline CSR, who added that as far as she was aware, the only way to get a CLI on the Simplicity card would be a new HP.  I know from researching earlier similar threads on the forum that some posters have had luck successfully having Citi do SP reallocation requests from existing card(s) to another card when the cards being reallocated are then closed, whereas for others, Citi told them they used to do that in the past, but can no longer do that.  My question is, from here, what would be the next recommended steps -- for example, asking to talk to an account manager?  Or calling Citi retention, EO, etc.?  I know it is somewhat of a YMMV sort of thing, but I guess I still don't understand why Citi is so haphazard and apparently random/arbitrary, about who they will allow to reallocate and who they won't?  Smiley Sad

I can tell you one thing.  If you get them to do it won't be a SP.  it's always a HP from what I've been told and read.

Message 2 of 13
galahad15
Valued Contributor

NM -- have figured out a good use for Citi DP cards

@Anonymous wrote:

I can tell you one thing.  If you get them to do it won't be a SP.  it's always a HP from what I've been told and read.

Thanks for your input and comments -- NM, I have actually just found a good use for the Citi DP cards (apparently, on the Citi website, both of them had 0% BT promo offers until 6/2017, which I was able to make use of)  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi reallocation request rejected by frontline CSR -- advice on next steps?

I was told by multiple CSR that Simplicity also can't be PCed. Given that they're a pain, it wouldn't surprise me if they wont transfer CL to/from it either.
Message 4 of 13
willwar14
Valued Contributor

I could of swore I saw a post where CA was able to reallocate..
CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

My experience with Citi was no credit limit re-allocation from the front line representatives. Soooo .... I contacted Citi EO who submitted a credit limit increase on one of my three accounts and the CLI increase was denied HP at this point. Then EO got credit to use the same pull and re-allocate all three credit limit/lines. The long of it ... it was an HP.

Message 6 of 13
Involver
Valued Contributor

I had no problem combining 3 lines into 1. It took an HP but was done in 2 days.
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Involver wrote:
I had no problem combining 3 lines into 1. It took an HP but was done in 2 days.

When and who did you deal with?

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had Citi combine limits without a hard pull multiple times.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I've had Citi combine limits without a hard pull multiple times.

Wouldn't mind the exact questions and steps you took to do this, please. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.