Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi really loves me.

tag
patternofstars7
Contributor

Citi really loves me.

Got approved for Citi TY Preferred @ 2500 AND Citi AA Signature Visa: $5000 (Highest Limit). Probably not the best idea apping since I do have quite a high UTIL right now and after all the inquires from a recent car loan. I also tried a CLI on my plat select card and asked for $2000 which they countered with $1200 bringing that limit to $4000. I apped also for the Chase Saphire Preferred but got the 7-10 message which I'm 99% sure is a denial as I had to recon for my Freedom and I had no prior experence with a $5000 limit. 

Well it's off to the garden again pay down some of these balances and watch these new accounts age. Thanks again to all as this forum has SO much good advice!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Platinum
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi really loves me.

@patternofstars7 wrote:

@Got approved for Citi TY Preferred @ 2500 AND Citi AA Signature Visa: $5000 (Highest Limit). Probably not the best idea apping since I do have quite a high UTIL right now and after all the inquires from a recent car loan. I also tried a CLI on my plat select card and asked for $2000 which they countered with $1200 bringing that limit to $4000. I apped also for the Chase Saphire Preferred but got the 7-10 message which I'm 99% sure is a denial as I had to recon for my Freedom and I had no prior experence with a $5000 limit. 

Well it's off to the garden again pay down some of these balances and watch these new accounts age. Thanks again to all as this forum has SO much good advice!

Ha this is so funny. You are affraid of high UTIL and I just was denied for Citi card for having 0% UTIL.

Message 2 of 6
patternofstars7
Contributor

Ha yeah it's crazy, I read your post and thought that's insane. Maybe I missed it but did you recon with them? I'm thinking since I've been card holder for 2+ years and never been late and pay way more then min they used that into their concideration. I agree with others in your post that if you just let one card post 1% that you'll no doubt be approved. I mean you're scores are WAY higher than mine.

Message 3 of 6
Platinum
Frequent Contributor

@patternofstars7 wrote:

Ha yeah it's crazy, I read your post and thought that's insane. Maybe I missed it but did you recon with them? I'm thinking since I've been card holder for 2+ years and never been late and pay way more then min they used that into their concideration. I agree with others in your post that if you just let one card post 1% that you'll no doubt be approved. I mean you're scores are WAY higher than mine.

No I have not. I am affraid they will do another pull, then in that case it's not worth it.

Message 4 of 6
loviedovie
Regular Contributor

When I did a recon with them after clearing some mistakes off my report they just asked me to fax them an updated copy of my report. So I did the soft pull myself. Citi will really work with you if you can find a person to talk to instead of getting looped through an automated system. 

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 754
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Grats!!!!
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.