cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi recon: what do you think? Input wanted, please!

tag
MonkeyBelly
Regular Contributor

Citi recon: what do you think? Input wanted, please!

Hi! Smiley Happy

I applied for a CLI with citi (diamond preferred) last month, attempting to get my high 4 figure limit increased to low 5 figure. Denied! 

Since then, I goodwilled 30 day lates from the past 2 years off of all 3 CRAs. They pulled EX in early March, which now shows a clean 2 year history, along with the following negatives:

PIF medical CO for $151 from early 2011

Some 30 day lates from car (2010) and mortgage (2009 and earlier)

My AAoA is more than 12 years, and my history with Citi is spotless. My EX FAKO per USAA is currently 701. Utilization is currently 13%. Nothing else currently in my wallet.

Should I recon? 

Starting myFICOs 2013
TU:664 March --> 726 May 25
EQ: 687 on March 6 --> 772 May 25
USAA EX (FAKO): 701 March 27 --> 768 May 26
Original goal (720+ across the board) achieved!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Citi recon: what do you think? Input wanted, please!

@MonkeyBelly wrote:

Hi! Smiley Happy

I applied for a CLI with citi (diamond preferred) last month, attempting to get my high 4 figure limit increased to low 5 figure. Denied! 

Since then, I goodwilled 30 day lates from the past 2 years off of all 3 CRAs. They pulled EX in early March, which now shows a clean 2 year history, along with the following negatives:

PIF medical CO for $151 from early 2011

Some 30 day lates from car (2010) and mortgage (2009 and earlier)

My AAoA is more than 12 years, and my history with Citi is spotless. My EX FAKO per USAA is currently 701. Utilization is currently 13%. Nothing else currently in my wallet.

Should I recon? 

Always recon the worst they can say is no and they already said that....Recon can lead to YES APPROVED 

Best wishes and let us know how it turns out

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 4
MonkeyBelly
Regular Contributor

No citi luv Smiley Sad
Starting myFICOs 2013
TU:664 March --> 726 May 25
EQ: 687 on March 6 --> 772 May 25
USAA EX (FAKO): 701 March 27 --> 768 May 26
Original goal (720+ across the board) achieved!
Message 3 of 4
enharu
Super Contributor

care to elaborate what happened?

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.