Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi replaced Diamond Preferred rewards with new cards

tag
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

Citi replaced Diamond Preferred rewards with new cards

I was checking Citi's website today when I noticed that the Diamond Preferred  Rewards is no longer offered but instead replaced by three other cards.

Here are the new cards from Citi.

Citi ThankYouSM Preferred Card- No Annual Fee,

Citi ThankYouSM Premier Card- $125 Annual Fee

Citi ThankYouSM Prestige Card- $500 Annual Fee

It seems like the New "Thank You"Card is identical to the previous Diamond Preferred Rewards, so I'm assuming that I can convert my Diamond to this new "Thank You".

Does anyone have any information about the new card or if they would convert the Diamond Preffered Rewards?

I'm so confusedSmiley Indifferent

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

Re: Citi replaced Diamond Preferred rewards with new cards

Update: I just got off the phone with the CSR, she said previous card holders( Specifically Diamond Preferred Rewards members) have the ability to upgrade to the new "Thank You" cards by visiting www.thankyoucard.citi.com .

The website will be up by tomorrow, if anyone wanted to convert their Citi cards.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

-Alexander Dumas
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this a charge card or credit card? Very tempting if it's a credit card.
Message 3 of 20
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Is this a charge card or credit card? Very tempting if it's a credit card.

Credit Card

-Alexander Dumas
Message 4 of 20
dizzier
Established Contributor

The Citi diamond preferred card is still on the site...

Until Chase lowers my ridiculously high APR they can kiss my patootie! Their card has been retired to the sockdrawer. Smiley Mad
Message 5 of 20
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

The Diamond Preferred is still being offered because it doesn't offer Thank You points. The Diamond Rewards is basically the new "Thank You" card. Lol I bet people are confused by all these different cards.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 6 of 20
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

Forgot to mention what I thought was hilarious. I'm assuming that this card just came out in the last few days, because CSR was so confused that there was even a "Thank You" card. She had to put me on hold multiple times everytime I asked a question.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 7 of 20
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Except it cost more ThankYou points to redeem a giftcard or even cash.

$25 giftcard for 3500 points.

$50 giftcard for 6000 points.

$50 cash for 8000 points.

Not sure about statement credit, but you are getting 0.71% cashback for giftcards, and 0.625% cashback for cash.

That said the annual bonus is a nice thing to have.

Message 8 of 20
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

I just upgraded my Diamond Preferred Rewards to the New "ThankYou(SM) Preferred Card". It's pretty simple, just visit www.thankyoucard.citi.com and follow the steps. I can't wait to receive it in the mail 10-14 business days!!! BTW my blue cash should arrive very soon as well!!

-Alexander Dumas
Message 9 of 20
jj10939
Regular Contributor

s oe Re: Citi replaced Diamond Preferred rewards with new cards

What is different from the Diamond Preferred Rewards card this one replaces?  The APR looks the same.  Does the Diamond Preferred Rewards card get the concierge service as well?  Also, IMO the Diamond Preferred Rewards card looks better than this one Smiley Happy

Also, when you are in the upgrade page, do you have the option of upgrading to other cards or just the new thank you reward card?

Thanks

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.