Valued Member
DarkScythe

Citi's Benefit Builder

Hello everyone,

I've been poking around at the various features of the CC's I have now, and it seems Citi has this thing called a Benefit Builder.

As far as I can tell, they have some extra features that you can add on to your card, some free, some "premium" which looks like it may cost a fee.

One thing I wanted to add was their "Complimentary" 60-day return guarantee.

It doesn't seem as robust as AMEX's return protection, as it's only $250 per item, $1000 annually, but it's better than nothing.

However, it doesn't seem to work; or rather it won't let me use my Dividend card.

Anyone have any ideas, or if this thing is restricted to a certain type of card?

Thanks.

Valued Contributor
trumpet-205

Re: Citi's Benefit Builder

Looking at it, you can only return unused and not damaged goods. You have to mail it to return center on your own.

In My Wallet:
Citi Forward (12/2010) | Citi Dividend (05/2011) | Chase Freedom (11/2011) | GECRB/PayPal (05/2012)
Discover it (07/2012) | AMEX BCP (09/2012) | TD/Target REDCard (10/2012) | Chase Ink Classic (11/2012)
BofA BBR (04/2013) | FNBO/Overstock.com (02/2014) | Barclaycard Arrival (04/2014) | FIA/Fidelity AMEX (04/2014)
Valued Member
DarkScythe

I know the program itself is not all that spectacular, but as a last resort, it's good to have some options sometimes.

The problem is I can't seem to get it added to my card, so I don't know if it's only for specific types of Citi cards or what. It's weird, because this is listed as one of the "benefits" to my card.

Frequent Contributor
L-TWT

Today, I just added the "Complimentary 60-day Returm Guarantee" feature to my Citi Dividend WE Mastercard from the Benefit Builder, so it just might be a glitch!

Portfolio: citi double cash; capital one venture; amex blue cash everyday

Valued Member
DarkScythe

I just tried again, and it gave me the same error for my Citi Dividend Platinum Select Visa -

This Citi Card you entered can not be registered on Citi® Benefit Builder at this time.

:smileysad:

New Contributor
MGTR420

DarkScythe wrote:

I just tried again, and it gave me the same error for my Citi Dividend Platinum Select Visa -

This Citi Card you entered can not be registered on Citi® Benefit Builder at this time.

:smileysad:

You must have an eligible Citi MasterCard® account. Visa won't work...

Amex Zync (NPSL), Chase Sapphire Preferred (5,000), Citi Dividend Platinum Select (7,000), Discover More (5,000), Amex BCP (5,000), TJ Maxx store card (800), Macy's Card (1,500).
Valued Member
DarkScythe

Oh, wow I feel dumb!

They don't say MasterCard anywhere until the registration thing without trying to make it stand out. They just keep saying Citi Card over and over. :smileysad:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}