Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi's Benefit Builder

tag
DarkScythe
Valued Member

Citi's Benefit Builder

Hello everyone,

I've been poking around at the various features of the CC's I have now, and it seems Citi has this thing called a Benefit Builder.

As far as I can tell, they have some extra features that you can add on to your card, some free, some "premium" which looks like it may cost a fee.

One thing I wanted to add was their "Complimentary" 60-day return guarantee.

It doesn't seem as robust as AMEX's return protection, as it's only $250 per item, $1000 annually, but it's better than nothing.

However, it doesn't seem to work; or rather it won't let me use my Dividend card.

Anyone have any ideas, or if this thing is restricted to a certain type of card?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi's Benefit Builder

Looking at it, you can only return unused and not damaged goods. You have to mail it to return center on your own.

Message 2 of 7
DarkScythe
Valued Member

I know the program itself is not all that spectacular, but as a last resort, it's good to have some options sometimes.

The problem is I can't seem to get it added to my card, so I don't know if it's only for specific types of Citi cards or what. It's weird, because this is listed as one of the "benefits" to my card.

Message 3 of 7
L-TWT
Established Contributor

Today, I just added the "Complimentary 60-day Returm Guarantee" feature to my Citi Dividend WE Mastercard from the Benefit Builder, so it just might be a glitch!

Message 4 of 7
DarkScythe
Valued Member

I just tried again, and it gave me the same error for my Citi Dividend Platinum Select Visa -

This Citi Card you entered can not be registered on Citi® Benefit Builder at this time.

Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DarkScythe wrote:

I just tried again, and it gave me the same error for my Citi Dividend Platinum Select Visa -

This Citi Card you entered can not be registered on Citi® Benefit Builder at this time.

Smiley Sad

You must have an eligible Citi MasterCard® account. Visa won't work...

Message 6 of 7
DarkScythe
Valued Member

Oh, wow I feel dumb!

They don't say MasterCard anywhere until the registration thing without trying to make it stand out. They just keep saying Citi Card over and over. Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.