Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi's New Website: New Items Under Tools And Services

tag
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Citi's New Website: New Items Under Tools And Services

While I wouldn't click that button on a bet I think Citi will go forward because they have the largest world wide exposure of any of the Big Three Banks. Chase I wouldn't be concerned about either. BofA is another story altogether. I make sure I give my Citi and Chase cards the lion's share of my credit card usage.
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smallfry wrote:
While I wouldn't click that button on a bet I think Citi will go forward because they have the largest world wide exposure of any of the Big Three Banks. Chase I wouldn't be concerned about either. BofA is another story altogether. I make sure I give my Citi and Chase cards the lion's share of my credit card usage.

+1

CITI is government controlled and supported.  Chase has excellent management.  BofA is the wild card.  Both the bank and its CEO have been under intense scrutiny and second-guessing.  I'd wait and see on BofA (which happens to be the only major bank I have no accounts or credit cards with).

Message 12 of 19
wmarat
Valued Contributor

You know, I have happened to be born and live in country where everything, 100% was controlled by government. 70 years latter that country ceased to exist.

Seriously, you assume that:

1. US government involment is/will be positive/efficient.

2. US government cares about consumer.

If I somehow can accept #2, I highly doubt in #1.

@Anonymous wrote:
My theory is that CITI over the next year will be the most progressive and user-friendly major bank.  Why?  The largest and controlling shareholder of CITI is the US government (36%).  They have significant influence over bank policy and practices and will attempt to have CITI be the model bank under the new legislation going into effect.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 13 of 19
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I wouldn't consider taking out a loan of my CITI card. Why? Can you say bait-and-fry?Smiley Very Happy
Message 14 of 19
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@wmarat wrote:

You know, I have happened to be born and live in country where everything, 100% was controlled by government. 70 years latter that country ceased to exist.

Seriously, you assume that:

1. US government involment is/will be positive/efficient.

2. US government cares about consumer.

If I somehow can accept #2, I highly doubt in #1.

@Anonymous wrote:
My theory is that CITI over the next year will be the most progressive and user-friendly major bank.  Why?  The largest and controlling shareholder of CITI is the US government (36%).  They have significant influence over bank policy and practices and will attempt to have CITI be the model bank under the new legislation going into effect.

Caring about my credit scores and available credit assumes any of this matters. Given the choice between Sam and Ivan I still think most of the world will go with Sam.

Message 15 of 19
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is a friendly reminder that we don't discuss politics in the forums. Thank you for your cooperation.

--fused, myfico moderator

Message 16 of 19
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

I will express a preference for Ben. As in Bejamin Franklin whose countenance graces the face of our glorious $100 bill. I like cash. No bank is our friend.

Message Edited by creditwherecreditisdue on 07-26-2009 02:57 PM
Message 17 of 19
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@fused wrote:

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is a friendly reminder that we don't discuss politics in the forums. Thank you for your cooperation.

Sorry.

Message 18 of 19
wmarat
Valued Contributor

That's OK. I obviously prefered Sam too.Smiley Very Happy

@smallfry wrote:

@fused wrote:

Sorry.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.