FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

Re: Citi 's Newest CLI Form

@Lin55 wrote:

@MMB85 wrote:

@fungoman wrote:

How frequently can you use the SP CLI?

Every 6 months.

I tried this last week and was denied because they pulled a 2 month old CR which had high UTIL at the time. I have to wait 6 months to try again for the SP? Or can I try sooner? (My UTIL is low now).

How do you know they pulled a 2 month old credit report?

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 11 of 21
enharu
Super Contributor

@FutureBillionaire wrote:

@Lin55 wrote:

@MMB85 wrote:

@fungoman wrote:

Every 6 months.

I tried this last week and was denied because they pulled a 2 month old CR which had high UTIL at the time. I have to wait 6 months to try again for the SP? Or can I try sooner? (My UTIL is low now).

wait for the denial letter and it will state the report they used and reasons for denial.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 12 of 21
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@enharu wrote:
I saw this message on my TYP account, but on my prestige the wording states that they will require a HP instead. Maybe it has to do with the age of the account as well?

Some complex criteria!   I have 4 cards

AA (about 5 years old)

Forward (13 months)

TYP (11 months)

Premier (9 months)

All but the TYP offered a SP, the TYP required a HP.   So not just age, and (based on our TYPs) not product either.

I asked for an increase on my Forward (granted) and on my AA (declined).  But then I got a letter declining my request on the Premier, which I never asked for, so be careful.   At least they didn't also do an unasked HP on the TYP!

Message 13 of 21
Lin55
Frequent Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@Lin55 wrote:

@MMB85 wrote:

@fungoman wrote:

Every 6 months.

wait for the denial letter and it will state the report they used and reasons for denial.

Exactly. I got my denial letter which stated that the CR they read was from December 21st which was the last time Citi SP'd me.

@FutureBillionaire, see my thread here if you want details: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/CITI-CLI-Denial-They-Used-Old-CR/m-p/2821173#M803014

Anyway, should I wait 6 months to try to CLI again? If I try again next month, will it be a HP?

Message 14 of 21
enharu
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@enharu wrote:
I saw this message on my TYP account, but on my prestige the wording states that they will require a HP instead. Maybe it has to do with the age of the account as well?

Some complex criteria!   I have 4 cards

AA (about 5 years old)

Forward (13 months)

TYP (11 months)

Premier (9 months)

All but the TYP offered a SP, the TYP required a HP.   So not just age, and (based on our TYPs) not product either.

I asked for an increase on my Forward (granted) and on my AA (declined).  But then I got a letter declining my request on the Premier, which I never asked for, so be careful.   At least they didn't also do an unasked HP on the TYP!

Hmmm.

My prestige is about 5 months and it's not eligible for a SP CLI.

TYP is at ~10 months.

The most recent SP Citi has on me is a pretty bad one though, so I most likely will just ask for a CLI after I apply for another card, or wait till the next SP, depending on whichever that comes first.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 15 of 21
Lin55
Frequent Contributor

@Lin55 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@Lin55 wrote:

@MMB85 wrote:

@fungoman wrote:

Every 6 months.

Exactly. I got my denial letter which stated that the CR they read was from December 21st which was the last time Citi SP'd me.

@FutureBillionaire, see my thread here if you want details: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/CITI-CLI-Denial-They-Used-Old-CR/m-p/2821173#M803014

Anyway, should I wait 6 months to try to CLI again? If I try again next month, will it be a HP?

Looks like the wording shows that it will be a HP if I try again. Darn, I wish I knew that Citi only SP'd me only once every few months! I thought they SP'd me this past month which showed a great report!

Message 16 of 21
Peter1142
Established Contributor

Does this apply to Citi Retail cards as well?
Message 17 of 21
Lin55
Frequent Contributor

@Peter1142 wrote:
Does this apply to Citi Retail cards as well?

I went to my Best Buy account and the CLI page says: "This form is to request a credit limit increase only. To request an emergency increase, contact Customer Service at 1-888-574-1301 or if outside the U.S., call collect at 1-423-467-6543."

So that looks a lot different from my Citi AAdvantage page which says what everyone has been saying on here.

Message 18 of 21
Peter1142
Established Contributor

I tried it (Best Buy) and on the confirm page it said I was giving approval for a HP so I hightailed away. They aren't getting a HP for a CLI from me on this store card.

Message 19 of 21
SpiceIslander
Frequent Contributor

I had no idea of this until I saw this post. Thank you very much! Citi has always seemed HP happy and so I avoided asking for  a CLI. After reading this post, I tried it and got 1200.00 increase. I LOVE this forum. I don't post much but I read the posts every day.

Meg.

FICO: 4/2016 - TU 841 | EQ 840 | EX 837

FNBO 23,600 | Amex SPG 13,900 | Amex BCP 13,400 | Barclays/Sallie Mae13,000 | Discover IT 12,500 | Lowes 10,000 | PLOC 9,300 | NASA FCU 8,700 | Citi Simplicity 6,200 | BOA Platinum+ 6,000 | Achieva CU 5,500 | Chase CSP 5,000 | Sam's Club 3,000 | Sears 900
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.