cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi's been checking my credit is this normal?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi's been checking my credit is this normal?

It seems like Citi has been reviewing my credit. I took advantage of a balance transfer on the 18th and checked my Equifax report and seen Citi did an AR on the 18th. Is this a normal procedure when you take advantage of a balance transfer? I noticed the funds have been transferred as of today.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi's been checking my credit is this normal?

Seems normal enough to me.  They're just checking up making sure you haven't gone round the bend.

Message 2 of 13
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It seems like Citi has been reviewing my credit. I took advantage of a balance transfer on the 18th and checked my Equifax report and seen Citi did an AR on the 18th. Is this a normal procedure when you take advantage of a balance transfer? I noticed the funds have been transferred as of today.

YES!

Most if not all prime lenders WILL do an AR. It's common practice.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks..... I didn't no what that meant. 

Message 4 of 13
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

YES!

I wouldn't call it "common" lol. Wouldn't call it rare but wouldnt say they do it so liberally lol.

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 5 of 13
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Citi offers a free FICO score which could also be why you have a lot of SP's? Do thye SP for that score? I would think so.

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

YES!

I wouldn't call it "common" lol. Wouldn't call it rare but wouldnt say they do it so liberally lol.

It's more than common. Most prime lenders do AR's monthly.

Message 7 of 13
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

It's normal for any creditor to routinely SP you.  Your credit profile always matters and activity with your other accounts can have an impact.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

YES!

+1

Message 9 of 13
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

YES!

It's more than common. Most prime lenders do AR's monthly.

I have 3 from chase over the past 2 years, 2 from Amex and 2 from citi..... I wouldn't call it "common" but wouldn't go uncommon either.....

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.