Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi 's highest limits

tag
gh17
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi 's highest limits

My Citi card, it just asks me for my income and rent/mortgage payment when I apply for a CLI.  It's not one of those where you pick an amount?

BofA Cash Rewards 25,000 (2009) | Citi Double Cash 25,000 (2011) | Cap1 Quicksilver 10,000 (2013) | Discover It 31,000 (2014) | Chase Freedom 9000 (2014) | Barclaycard Rewards 25,000 (2014)

FICO: 840 Discover/Barclays/BofA TU, 869 Citi Equifax
Message 21 of 25
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

@gh17 wrote:

My Citi card, it just asks me for my income and rent/mortgage payment when I apply for a CLI.  It's not one of those where you pick an amount?

I could pick the amount of my new desired credit limit

Message 22 of 25
awp317
Frequent Contributor

@gh17 wrote:

Thats because thats going to be a soft pull CLI. Once you do it, if approved and if you want more you put in your income and requested ammount and it will say something of the sorts like "once you submit your request a copy of your credit report will be obtained and a credit anayasist will get back to you in 24 hours" 

HIs was a hard pull upfront I think. But it did it instantly. 

Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 23 of 25
awp317
Frequent Contributor

@gen-specific wrote:

@awp317 wrote:

@ficonightmare wrote:

If you're wondering what Citigold is, it means you have to hav an account with them with something like an averag of 50k in it at all times. My hubs is also a Citigold member but he couldn't remember the exact amount.

I told him to get a CLI! Maybe that'll push my scores over the 800 mark.

Ok so its basically like my Jp morgan private banker type thing. He manages my liquid assets (stocks, bonds, ira, 401k etc). Keeps bugging me to get  Jp morgan ritz card, im holding out for pallidum. 

I kind of want a palladium but the $595 fee ON TOP having to put up with JP Morgan's private banker management fees and lackluster investment performance ehhhhhhhhhhh

maybe. It would be pure vanity reasons for me.

IM a fan of not having all your eggs in one basket, so I split it between JP morgan and Edward Jones. Both have been doing just fine for me, Edward Jones a bit better stock performance, but JP morgan has gotten me higher intrest bonds in the past. I like the pallidum because Im looking for a replacement to the platinum card since I feel that it holds me back at amex and their perks are getting worse each year plus, Its not that much more than the platinum  AF anyway, plus the perks I couldnt care less what the card looks like. So once I get a pallidum I would cancel the platinum as fast as possible. 

Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 24 of 25
dilettante
Established Contributor

@awp317 wrote:

@gen-specific wrote:

@awp317 wrote:

@ficonightmare wrote:

If you're wondering what Citigold is, it means you have to hav an account with them with something like an averag of 50k in it at all times. My hubs is also a Citigold member but he couldn't remember the exact amount.

I told him to get a CLI! Maybe that'll push my scores over the 800 mark.

Ok so its basically like my Jp morgan private banker type thing. He manages my liquid assets (stocks, bonds, ira, 401k etc). Keeps bugging me to get  Jp morgan ritz card, im holding out for pallidum. 

I kind of want a palladium but the $595 fee ON TOP having to put up with JP Morgan's private banker management fees and lackluster investment performance ehhhhhhhhhhh

maybe. It would be pure vanity reasons for me.

IM a fan of not having all your eggs in one basket, so I split it between JP morgan and Edward Jones. Both have been doing just fine for me, Edward Jones a bit better stock performance, but JP morgan has gotten me higher intrest bonds in the past. I like the pallidum because Im looking for a replacement to the platinum card since I feel that it holds me back at amex and their perks are getting worse each year plus, Its not that much more than the platinum  AF anyway, plus the perks I couldnt care less what the card looks like. So once I get a pallidum I would cancel the platinum as fast as possible. 

I have both Plat and Palladium and use Palladium more than Plat, especially since you get 35k UR annual bonus after 100k spend. Agree that Plat's benefits are getting worse and not worth it anymore. 

According to another member, Palladium will be enhancing benefits toward 3rd quarter, making it even better.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.