Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi secured card

tag
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

Citi secured card

does anyone have this card? what do you think of it? does it report to credit bureaus  as secured? what are the requirements to convert later to an unsecured card? thanks for the info!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
voidman
Established Contributor

Re: Citi secured card

@CreditDrama85 wrote:
does anyone have this card? what do you think of it? does it report to credit bureaus  as secured? what are the requirements to convert later to an unsecured card? thanks for the info!

I don't have this card, but I guess they are like any other card and report your card activity to those 3 bastards, just like any other card, you need to take care of the card like a regular card and not miss payments and they make it unsecure after 18 months.
-void
Message 2 of 7
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

lmao, thanks for that info! Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, Did you ever find out whether Citi Secured Card reports as "secured" to the credit bureaus?  I got NOWHERE with the branch and 800 numbers (each gave a different answer).  Know anyone who actually saw how it goes down on their report?

Thanks!

Message 4 of 7
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

i dont know about citi but i just checked one of my reports the other day dont remember which but my boa says secured on it
~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It does not report to the big three, and it has a long graduation period compared to most secured cards
Message 6 of 7
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

I would love this card if it didnt have such a long time to convert. I would like a Citi card myself but BofA is such a good bank and I think they are more generous when it comes to credit.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.