Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi sending me Experian credit score

tag
Settemio
Regular Contributor

Citi sending me Experian credit score

I applied for a citi card last week and was approved. Today, they sent me a letter telling me that my Experian credit score was 788, this was a general letter explaining scores and how it affects rates and yada yada.... I never solicited this.

I was wondering if this score citi is notifiying me of is FICO or FAKO? I am not sure why it is this high, although I am not complaining... I have no way to get the EX FICO currently and my EQ from myFICO is 692 (almost 100 pts lower then this report from EX) and TU is 723. I am not sure how my EX can be this much higher. I have a 8 yr old bankruptcy on all three reports. The EX FAKO score I have received from the other sites shows around 705.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi sending me Experian credit score

Nice score! It is a FAKO, tho.Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 13
Settemio
Regular Contributor

Is that the score that Citi sees for me? if it is a FAKO I wouldnt think so, which makes me wonder why they would send this to me to begin with...

Message 3 of 13
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

More Card Act requirements for lenders to send a score to customers, but they didn't specify WHICH score so lenders took the cheap route and sending FAKO (low-cost / near-free) to customers.  They pay for FICO and not going to go the extra mile to do a double-whammy of pulling then distribute on their dime.  Naaaah, I doubt many lenders have jumped onto the Vantage bandwagon, therefore, I don't believe this is what they're looking at when evaluating potential customers.

Message 4 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I thought they had to send the score that they used to evaluate you. Hmmph. Weasels.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 13
creditguy-378
Regular Contributor

more than likely its the vantage score from experian witch goes up to 990 (highest) so a score of 788 is average on the vantage score witch is pretty close to your fico's from EQ and TU

always use credit wisely and you won't ever feel like you're working just for the task master
Message 6 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

OP, I just replied on another thread, saying that generally down at the bottom in tiny little print, it says what kind of score you have.

Does your letter say anything at all on there, other than Experian? PLUS, Vantage, Fair Isaac v.2, etc.

It might not, because these letters are a new thing, but I've always been able to find this info on a website for a score. Assuming that I can find a strong enough magnifying glass, that is. Smiley Wink

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 13
john398
Senior Contributor

Supposidly starting this summer all credit card companies will be sending scores out with there denial letters, I am not sure what score they will be sending though but this is something new

I found the information Here

Message 8 of 13
Settemio
Regular Contributor

The only thing the letter says to indicate a hint is that it reports that "Scores range from a low of 501 to a high of 990" I think that is vantage...

Message 9 of 13
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Settemio wrote:

The only thing the letter says to indicate a hint is that it reports that "Scores range from a low of 501 to a high of 990" I think that is vantage...

Yes those are VantageScores.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.