cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi sending out new card due to data breach?

tag
Aarvard
Established Contributor

Citi sending out new card due to data breach?

Hi guys,

When I logged into my Citi online, I couldn't see my Citi Forward account there. I chatted with a representative and he said that "we are sending new card due to recent merchant compromises. As such, to avoid unusual activities on the account, we have unlinked the account."

Has anyone experienced the same thing?

03/25/2015 TU 08 765, EX 08 747, EQ 08 757, EQ 04 754.
01/30/2016 TU 08 775, EX 08 752, EQ 08 744
Goal: 780+ across all models.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Citi sending out new card due to data breach?

@Aarvard wrote:

Hi guys,

When I logged into my Citi online, I couldn't see my Citi Forward account there. I chatted with a representative and he said that "we are sending new card due to recent merchant compromises. As such, to avoid unusual activities on the account, we have unlinked the account."

Has anyone experienced the same thing?

Yes.

Happened to my Prestige and TYP.

You can still use your current card. It will be deactivated in about a month from when you received that notice.

Once you receive your new card, you can activate that and the old card will be deactivated right away.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.