Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi sent 3 offers after pre-qualified check

tag
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Re: Citi sent 3 offers after pre-qualified check

Did you get those offers right away after the pre-qual check online, or did they email/mail them to you later?
Message 11 of 22
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@eaglesfan2006 my parents have done the pre-qual online but never get matched with their cards. Which is weird since here they are getting all these offers from them non-stop, seriously we get them every week. 

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 12 of 22
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

I was approved for Simplicity a couple weeks ago. They pulled EX and EQ for me. I had 779 EX score. Very happy with what I got. $6,000 CL, 18 mos 0% on purchases and BT. 12.99% after that.

My advice is that if you want the best terms I would wait. 740+ scores will get you great rate and CL. 720+ might too. Clean reports get good results from my experience.
Message 13 of 22
bahbahd
Established Contributor

@lhcole77 wrote:
I was approved for Simplicity a couple weeks ago. They pulled EX and EQ for me. I had 779 EX score. Very happy with what I got. $6,000 CL, 18 mos 0% on purchases and BT. 12.99% after that.

My advice is that if you want the best terms I would wait. 740+ scores will get you great rate and CL. 720+ might too. Clean reports get good results from my experience.

Thanks, I have decided I am waiting on any Citi cards right now I think. I've got till 8/19 to make up my mind anyway on this offer.  I will see where I am at after my Disco IT reports and work on CLI for BBVA next. I still think I need a third active card soon but don't have any clue what I want to get, travel rewards or otherwise.

My biggest hindrance is the SL late payment remarks on my undergrad loans from when I did not qualify for forbearance. I kept sending in the documents, but would never get a response telling me I did not qualify for it any more. Super crappy of them but it is ultimately "my fault" for being late. Even though I began making payments in excess of the monthly, by the time all the $500 a month late fees were paid down and the account, I had accrued nearly two years of derogatory late payment remarks in a row. Pretty sure that is what will be holding me back for many more years.

Message 14 of 22
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Good thinking. I have learned it's better in the long run wait until you can get good terms. I got the same offers from their pre approval website. Then I got letters in the mail reiterating online offers. The Simplicity letter only had 12 months of 0% APR intro so I app'ed directly online instead to get the 18 month offer.
Message 15 of 22
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@red259 wrote:

That is an interesting question. Is citi going to definetly handle the cards for the airline after merger? When I wrote my prior response a television ad came up for this very card, so they are clearly still pushing it quite hard.

Yes, Citi is handling the merged airline card. If it was me I would be applying for the US Air card and the AA card. The US Air miles will roll over to AA miles when merger finalized like Continental and United merger. If played right the AA card will be churnable when the merger is complete. Citi will no doubt be releasing a new card at that point so if you time it right you close the existing card then apply for new card. Heck if it's a "new" product I bet they will allow you to hold both cards and give a bonus for the new one.  Remember they want new flyers and to keep old ones. It's just a few miles they get on the cheap. 

I have the US Air card and just got the AA Visa 40K offer. By the time the merger is complete I should have 150K  - 160K miles from spend alone. I fly Delta but this is a nice alternative for some destinations. 

If you can afford the HPs and have good credit this is a once in a while opportunity to double down and get a double bonus from 2 separate banks. 

Message 16 of 22
Exonumist
Established Contributor

I got the same thing! Three white envelopes with preapprovals on three different cards in one day. They had the full T&C, what my APR would be, and everything else about the card. I was really tempted, but CITI just isn't in my plans for right now. 

Message 17 of 22
rudy0720
Regular Contributor

I have the AA Visa Sig and love it. Don't worry about US Air merger as Citi and the American card will be staying and Barclay's and US Air will be going away. It will all be American rewards

Citi Thank You Premier Visa Signature-$9K, Citi Thank You Preferred Vis Signature-$8.3K, Citi AA Signature- 8.5K, Citi Simplicity 9.2K, Citi Diamond-6.1K, Lowes-$10K, Chase Sapphire Preferred- $ 5K, AMEX BCE $14.5K, AMEX Starwood Preferred $15K, ,AMEX Everyday-$5K, Fidelity Amex-$10K, US Bank 123 rewards Kroger-$17K, Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature-$30K, Amex Delta-$10K, Barclay Arrival Plus- $10K, Penfed Travel Rewards Amex-$10K, Bank of America Cash Rewards- $14K
Message 18 of 22
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

@john398 wrote:

I got an offer in my mailbox  for the Thank You prefered this week and did the pre qualify check a couple of weeks ago, did not apply though

I got that one too and was denied. I did get the Citi AAdvantage MC...I already have the AMEX so im not sure if ill get the bonus miles but i hope so.

spend 1k in 3 months and i think my offer was for 40k in miles. i received 30K in miles with the amex last year at 750.00 in spending in 3 months

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 19 of 22
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

@red259 wrote:

That is an interesting question. Is citi going to definetly handle the cards for the airline after merger? When I wrote my prior response a television ad came up for this very card, so they are clearly still pushing it quite hard.

Southwest Bought out AirTran about 2 years ago...still two seperate cards and entities. I heard they like to keep them seperate for tax purposes even though both are owned by one airline

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.