Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi simplicity pending transactions

tag
SantaMar
Regular Contributor

Citi simplicity pending transactions

My credit limit is 7k. I have 3100 available for purchases but my account balance is only 2000?! I'm on my honeymoon and car rentals and hotels and stuff the put holds on the card then run the charges at a later date. I know I spent more then 2k as my account balance shows today. Should I rely more on available credit to determine my account balance more accurately? I know when the put holds on the will deduct automatically from available credit but not necessarily run them as charges until a later date??
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi simplicity pending transactions

Watch your availible limit, when it hits zero charges are likely to be declined. If you are going to exceed your availble credit limit make a payment online or give them a call and make a payment. Pending charges can hang around for 7 days. And some companies will actually charge you again instead of modifying the existing pending charge so your $500 car rental can use upto a $1000 of your availible limit or more when you pay the rental and the hold is still pending on your card. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.