Regular Contributor
SantaMar

Citi simplicity pending transactions

My credit limit is 7k. I have 3100 available for purchases but my account balance is only 2000?! I'm on my honeymoon and car rentals and hotels and stuff the put holds on the card then run the charges at a later date. I know I spent more then 2k as my account balance shows today. Should I rely more on available credit to determine my account balance more accurately? I know when the put holds on the will deduct automatically from available credit but not necessarily run them as charges until a later date??
Valued Contributor
jamesdwi

Re: Citi simplicity pending transactions

Watch your availible limit, when it hits zero charges are likely to be declined. If you are going to exceed your availble credit limit make a payment online or give them a call and make a payment. Pending charges can hang around for 7 days. And some companies will actually charge you again instead of modifying the existing pending charge so your $500 car rental can use upto a $1000 of your availible limit or more when you pay the rental and the hold is still pending on your card. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSP 10k & Freedom 6.6k & Amtrak 4.6k, FNBO DISC 14.9k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 15k & Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 6k & Zync NPSL, Sally Mae5k Sams Club MC 10k, Paypal Extras MC 6k, CapOne QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 3.9k, Walmart 4.5k, Citi Simplicity 7k, HHonors Gold 1k (moved 5k CL to Simplicity), Discover IT 6.5k and a nice stack of store cards.
Last APP 12/15/2014

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}