Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi thank you preferred

tag
Bmn5940
Contributor

Citi thank you preferred

Hi everyone my Citi thank you preferred card just came today and it says "world" above the master card symbol. Does that do anything specific that I should know of? What's the difference between a "world" MasterCard and a regular one?

Very Happily in the garden
Goal Cards:
None for Now
2 REPLIES 2
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Re: Citi thank you preferred

It is a different tier of MC, just like Visa has regular, signature and infinite.  Benefits are easily found on the internet and there should be some info in your card paperwork.  Congrats on the new card.

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi thank you preferred

@Bmn5940 wrote:
Hi everyone my Citi thank you preferred card just came today and it says "world" above the master card symbol. Does that do anything specific that I should know of? What's the difference between a "world" MasterCard and a regular one?

World is a level of MasterCard. In MasterCard hierchy it is Standard, Gold, Platinum, World and World Elite. World benefits can vary from card to card and from issuer to issuer. These can include extra travel insurance, extended warranties and concierge. As the poster above me stated, read the pamplet that accompanied your new card. 

You may also visit MasterCard's website for more information:

http://www.worldcard.mastercard.com/content/world/ap/en.html

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.