cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi unable to tell me if CLI is HP or SP...

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Citi unable to tell me if CLI is HP or SP...

I just tried calling Citi for a CLI request.

CSR was unable to tell me whether it was a SP / HP as well. Eventually got transfered to a credit department, and realized they supposedly had tried to do a hard inquiry, but weren't able to do so because all my bureaus except TU were frozen. The credit analyst was okay with me unblocking either EQ or EX, which I guess is nice. I ended up cancelling the request though since I figured I might as well get a new card if it's going to cost me an inquiry.

My Citi account is 5 months old, so I guess maybe they're okay with giving a CLI before the 6 month mark? Or another possible scenario is that they would have pulled a report and then tell me I am not eligible.

My question is though...........how can one tell if the request is going to be SP / HP before it is actually directed to the credit department?

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 41 of 47
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

You can't enharu, and if you get denied and recon, it will be another hp. Citi is just horrible with logistics.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 42 of 47
missjae
Established Contributor

Citi has always HP for a CLI online for me. My credit isn't the best, but it isn't worth it IMO.

I even went through the EO for a CLI. The lady asked for an authorization to pull my credit and it was indeed an HP on TU.
Message 43 of 47
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Guess I should have followed through within this thread. Citi ended up giving me $1,500 CLI with SP through online request. I had my card for about 7 months though, so there may be a possibility that the 2 months made a difference. There was no way of seeing if it was HP or S P before hitting the submit button.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Finally-got-the-CLIs-I-was-waiting-for/m-p/2394473#M677...

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 44 of 47
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@enharu wrote:

I just tried calling Citi for a CLI request.

CSR was unable to tell me whether it was a SP / HP as well. Eventually got transfered to a credit department, and realized they supposedly had tried to do a hard inquiry, but weren't able to do so because all my bureaus except TU were frozen. The credit analyst was okay with me unblocking either EQ or EX, which I guess is nice. I ended up cancelling the request though since I figured I might as well get a new card if it's going to cost me an inquiry.

My Citi account is 5 months old, so I guess maybe they're okay with giving a CLI before the 6 month mark? Or another possible scenario is that they would have pulled a report and then tell me I am not eligible.

My question is though...........how can one tell if the request is going to be SP / HP before it is actually directed to the credit department?

As earlier in the thread, I did request unsuccessfully after about 5 months (looking at the dates about 4.5 months)   They did a HP and rejected for reasons other than ineligible, so I think the stated rule about 6 months might not be so closely enforced.  (Had I got the CLI, that argument would be stronger)

Message 45 of 47
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Just to chime in on Citi CLI request. I requested a CLI on my Simplicity card being only 3 months old and recently getting approved for their TYP a week earlier.I was at 2k and requested 3k for a total of 5K and got the message that they will let me know in 30 minutes. Took about 10 minutes and received an email that my request was approved. HP on EQ of course but needed more to do a BT. So Citi does can approve one before the 6 month mark but it will definitely result in a HP.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 46 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

My experiences with SP or HP with Citi, Chase, US Bank, Discover and FNB Omaha have all been the same. No one could guarantee me an SP or and HP. I found by telephoning Citi and Discover and letting them know I was NOT authorizing an HP worked with the understanding that if the system could NOT approve a CLI then I would not pursue one. In reading on this site, Chase likes HP's and I have never had an automatic CLI with them. Citi, FNB Omaha and Discover have all given me auto CLI's.

Message 47 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.