Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi upgrade World MasterCard to World Elite MasterCard

tag
ori68
New Contributor

Citi upgrade World MasterCard to World Elite MasterCard

How do I get Citi to upgrade my World MasterCard to World Elite MasterCard?

I have a AAdvanatage card that I got in February with a 5k CL. I spent about 10k on it in 3 months and it was upgraded to a World Elite MasterCard. I’m not sure why that is? Does Citi do this when you spend a certain amount or is there another factor? I called customer service and asked and they said it was based on my credit profile. She was not to specific as to why. I applied for another Citi card a week after and it came back as a world MasterCard.

Discover FICO 759(04/15)
Barclaycard FICO 763 (04/15)
Citi FICO 736 (04/15)
BOA Experian 744 (05/15)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi upgrade World MasterCard to World Elite MasterCard

@ori68 wrote:

How do I get Citi to upgrade my World MasterCard to World Elite MasterCard?

I have a AAdvanatage card that I got in February with a 5k CL. I spent about 10k on it in 3 months and it was upgraded to a World Elite MasterCard. I’m not sure why that is? Does Citi do this when you spend a certain amount or is there another factor? I called customer service and asked and they said it was based on my credit profile. She was not to specific as to why. I applied for another Citi card a week after and it came back as a world MasterCard.

They upgraded everyone's AAdvantage card to WEMC.  It was not based on your credit file or spending.

Message 2 of 4
ori68
New Contributor

Good to know, thanks

Discover FICO 759(04/15)
Barclaycard FICO 763 (04/15)
Citi FICO 736 (04/15)
BOA Experian 744 (05/15)
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ori68 wrote:

Good to know, thanks

You're welcome.  Always check here first over a frontline CSR.  Sadly too many of them give out erroneous information.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.