Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi upgraded to WEMC

tag
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Citi upgraded to WEMC

Got an envelope from Citi in the mail, thought it was weird cuz I didn't request a replacement. Its a new Gold AAdvantage, I look on the back and its a World Elite instead of world. I wonder why the change? Could it be becuase I increased the limit from $1800 to $4500?

Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi upgraded to WEMC

@icyhot wrote:

Got an envelope from Citi in the mail, thought it was weird cuz I didn't request a replacement. Its a new Gold AAdvantage, I look on the back and its a World Elite instead of world. I wonder why the change? Could it be becuase I increased the limit from $1800 to $4500?

Maybe they ran out of regular World stationery Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 8
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the upgrade!

Message 3 of 8
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Thanks! Now I just need a Visa Signature Smiley Tongue

Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think they're upgrading all of the AA cards.  I have a notice on my account that a new card is on the way so I'm sure it's because of that.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I think they're upgrading all of the AA cards.  I have a notice on my account that a new card is on the way so I'm sure it's because of that.

That could be, but they do upgrade new accounts after a few months sometimes if you're spending a fair amount, so it could be that also.

Message 6 of 8
Involver
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This.

I've yet to spend a dollar on my AAdvantage Platinum and I have the same notice.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

awesome!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.