cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi - what a bunch of.... Can't use those words here.

tag
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Re: Citi - what a bunch of.... Can't use those words here.

Guess what?  They denied the reversal of the decision to withdraw my ability to transfer balances.  I have been punished in a targeted way by Citi via my new account with them.

The 0% for 21 months is something they cannot take away, however (assuming I manage the account correctly) so I had the last laugh by making a large purchase (my rent) with the Citi card (the fee I incurred by paying via card being less than a BT fee would have been) and I used the rent money to pay off the card I had intended to BT.)  LOLOL....  They tried to trip me up, but I won anyway.  Thanks, dumb Citi... Smiley Happy

Established Contributor

I think this is the first time I've heard of Citi disabling any Citibank customer's option to balance transfer;

but if it makes you feel any better, I'm in the same boat with a Sears Mastercard which is managed by Citibank.

For a long time I had at least the option to balance transfer at the ridiculous purchase rate of 25% APR; then one day when I logged in I saw that without forewarning or explanation that my BT option is not available. I haven't ever gotten around to seeing if this happened to any other Sears MC customers or to finding out why I don't qualify anymore for this option.

I've been treated well by Citi, but based on little things reported by customers I concluded that there's too great a chance of Citi having an adverse reaction to doing a BT to their card. So I've only used and will only use their card for purchases.

Message 22 of 23
LilloEsquilo
Contributor

@MojaveMoon wrote:

I think this is the first time I've heard of Citi disabling any Citibank customer's option to balance transfer;

but if it makes you feel any better, I'm in the same boat with a Sears Mastercard which is managed by Citibank.

For a long time I had at least the option to balance transfer at the ridiculous purchase rate of 25% APR; then one day when I logged in I saw that without forewarning or explanation that my BT option is not available. I haven't ever gotten around to seeing if this happened to any other Sears MC customers or to finding out why I don't qualify anymore for this option.

I've been treated well by Citi, but based on little things reported by customers I concluded that there's too great a chance of Citi having an adverse reaction to doing a BT to their card. So I've only used and will only use their card for purchases.

These companies can do this sort of thing anytime they feel like it, and apparently, if they feel like it, they will.

That's their right. But to me, it makes me feel like I want to have more than one option, and I want them competing for my business. That way if one jacks me around enough, I ditch them and move on to someone else, which is my right just as it's theirs to do what they need to do.

Citi always seemed weird to me. I've applied a couple of times with them, without success, the last time they declined me for the reason that I did not carry a balance on a revolving account. Yes my balance was 0 and they declined me for that as well as declining a recon. I decided at that point, I had no use for them and I haven't applied since. I'm sure that's no skin off their nose as they didn't care for my business in the first place, but  now it's mutual as I've heard too many not so nice things about Citi.

FICOS 2/2012 EQ: 763 TU: 761 EX: 746 (1/2012 EX)
Cards: Associated Bank Visa 9000, Paypal Mastercard 3000, Amazon Store card 1100, Barclays Apple Financing 2500, Cap One Rewards Mastercard 3000
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.