Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi won't let me pay them

tag
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Citi won't let me pay them

I don't know what's going on but I can't pay in full my citi accounts (Forward and Dividend).

The system only lets me pay the minimum. I had balances last month because I couldn't pay before the statement closed either and one rep told me it was only going to happen that time because it was my first statement. Now it's my second statement and it's the same story.

What to do??

Also, I don't know why I can't push payments from my bank account and in other news, my parents got the us bank platinum checking package for free with their mortgage account Smiley Very Happy

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
firesoul453
Contributor

Re: Citi won't let me pay them

Citi's site has been really messed up recently! First every page was going to an error. Then they removed the link to the credit card section (like just text, no link) 

and now its back up, but I've had a lot of problems with it being wierd!

But just call them, if the payment to pay it off is due soon then ask them if you can get more time or something.

Also, are you sure you minimum isn't the same as your full balance?

My ultimate credit wish,
a JP Morgan Palladium card
Message 2 of 7
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Citi Dividend Current Balance

$43.64

Minimum Payment Due This is the minimum amount you must pay on time. If you have made any partial payments, this amount may differ from your statement.

$20.00

Payment Due Sep. 21, 2012 Next Statement Sep. 25, 2012

Nope, they are different. It does let me pay the $20 though. One good thing is that the minimum is really low compared to the $40 Discover wants. The statement is coming soon so I was planning to pif and let the card close.
I have more than $200 in the Forward and the minimum is $20 too and that's also the max amount I can pay hehe.

AHhh! Citi why you so picky.

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know about the payments but I know they are making changes to the site so that might be what is causing issues. I would call them and see if you can pay the whole thing by phone.
Message 4 of 7
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Call Citi and do pay by phone.

Message 5 of 7
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

I'm sure they'll be more than happy to take your pmt over the phone. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 6 of 7
credithappy
Regular Contributor

@CruzImperial wrote:

I don't know what's going on but I can't pay in full my citi accounts (Forward and Dividend).

The system only lets me pay the minimum. I had balances last month because I couldn't pay before the statement closed either and one rep told me it was only going to happen that time because it was my first statement. Now it's my second statement and it's the same story.

What to do??

Also, I don't know why I can't push payments from my bank account and in other news, my parents got the us bank platinum checking package for free with their mortgage account Smiley Very Happy

Yes, I agree with all of the posts pay by phone.....

Amex Green - Amex BCP - Amex Everyday Card - Amex Rose Gold - Elan Visa - Xcel FCU Visa - Walmart MC - Sam's MC - Macy's - Bloomingdales - Nordstrom - Sam's Club CC - Discover IT and US Bank Visa FlexPerks - AMEX HHonors - NAVcheck - NAVcashRewards Sig Visa, NAVgoRewards MC, Chase Amazon VISA, BoA CashRewards VISA - Chase Marriott Reward Premier CC, Jetblue Card MC, PenFed Power CR Visa Signature Card, Chase Freedom, Nordy VISA and BBVA
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.