Valued Member
nuyorican9452

CitiBank Credit Card Reconsideration

I just recently got denied for an AT&T savings & rewards card from them, but for the past few months I get invitations from them to apply for cards such as the ThankYou Card, Citi Simplicity, and the Diamond Preferred. Just today I got an invitation for the Diamond Preferred, and yesterday I got an invitation for the Simplicity. But these aren't the only ones. Anyways, the denial reasons are as follows:

Too many inquiries

Outstanding loan balances

Short Credit history.

Here's my credit profile that they pulled sumed up

14 inquries (including from Citi) / 7 of these inquries were auto loan related because I was in the market to buying a car early 2012

3 of these inquiries were for credit cards (not including Citi). All approved. Last one applied and opened in 6/26/2012. Oldest account opened in 12/2009.

2 auto loans currently opened totalling $30,000. One of these loans I am a co-signer. First loan opened in 2/2012, last one in 5/2012. All of these accounts are current and paying as agreed. No baddies. Low balances on credit cards 4-6% utlization. Income of $72,000. Total limits in credit cards $12,500. One for $4,500 / $5,000 / $1,500 / and $1,500. 

I providing this to ask your opinion if these profile can be approved under reconsideration. I tried calling the numbers, but man they will not budge. Its as if they have no overriding power and only go by what's on the computer. What can I do? Has anyone had any luck with these people?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+