Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CitiBank PC help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CitiBank PC help

So let's say you get the Citi diamond preferred because you know that it can be PCd to a double cash in a year or two, so when you do PC it will you be able to keep the Diamond preferred card but with The DC reward system? Because honestly the Double cash is an ugly card....

Also I'm thinking about closing 2 of my cards? They both have 0. Balance on them, how much or how bad will it affect my credit?

Any help will be appreciated
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CitiBank PC help

@Anonymous wrote:
So let's say you get the Citi diamond preferred because you know that it can be PCd to a double cash in a year or two, so when you do PC it will you be able to keep the Diamond preferred card but with The DC reward system? Because honestly the Double cash is an ugly card....

Also I'm thinking about closing 2 of my cards? They both have 0. Balance on them, how much or how bad will it affect my credit?

If you PC any credit card to a different one, you will receive a new card and it will from then on be under whatever reward system applies to the new card.  A PC gets you the exact same card/beneifts just as if you applied for it outright.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

So how come when I PC my discover from a gas and restaurant card to a "IT" rotating category I was able to keep my current card? Or maybe it's different for each card issuer, I would love to keep the diamond card with DC rewards ..
Message 3 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

What Discover card did you pc to the It card?

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Right after the PC you will still be able to use the Diamond Preferred-until the new card arrives. The new card will have the same account number; however, the expiration date and the three-digit CVV number on the back of the card will change.

I totally understand card aesthetic and many here will pick on you for caring about the card design. But in the end, it is how the card spends rather than how it looks. 2% cash back looks way better than the no rewards from Diamond Preferred. Besides, Double Cash looks better in person than it does in the pictures. 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I PC the Discover gas and restaurant 2% back card to a discover it 5% category and the lady said that I could keep using my same card.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@co_native hit the nail on the head.  also I'll second that the DC doesn't look that bad in person...

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.