livelovelife

Re: CitiBank Rate Increase to 29.99% from 7.49%

And another question... if I was added on to my wife's credit cards as an authorized user, would that help?  She has a few credit cards with no balance that are high credit limits.
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

Re: CitiBank Rate Increase to 29.99% from 7.49%

livelovelife wrote:
Thanks for the help guys!  Just to clarify, I was only given 2 options... Either opt out of the change in terms and close my account with my old rate of 7.49% or keep my account opened at the new rate of 29.99%.  Of course I decided to opt out... so my utilization ratio will not be affected by the closed account?  I was reading in the forums that once you close an account, the credit limit will not be factored in.  For example if you have 3 credit cards with limits of 10k, 10k, and 20k... and balances carrying 5k, 5k, and 10k, respectively.... and then having your credit card with the 20k being canceled... that would leave you with a 20k/20k utilization of 100%.  Is that correct?  Or you are saying that my nothing will change and my ulilization will be the same as before 20k/40k 50%?  Thanks in advance.

This is most emphatically not correct... 

livelovelife wrote:
And another question... if I was added on to my wife's credit cards as an authorized user, would that help?  She has a few credit cards with no balance that are high credit limits.
... making this unnecessary. (At least for as far as addressing any damamged cause here is concerned.)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+