Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CitiBank products.. ASK AWAY

tag
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

CitiBank products.. ASK AWAY

Hey all, my GF recently got a contracted position at Citigroup so she has some knowledge to all citi products...( citi employee database) so if you guys have any question about Citibank products ask away!!

Please note I won't discuss what division she is in and I won't ask her any sensitive information/confedential/

This is just a know about questions not any financial advice etc

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: CitiBank products.. ASK AWAY

@JaeJae12 wrote:
Hey all, my GF recently got a contracted position at Citigroup so she has some knowledge to all citi products...( citi employee database) so if you guys have any question about Citibank products ask away!!

Please note I won't discuss what division she is in and I won't ask her any sensitive information/confedential/

Question that should be OK:   Is there a 5x everyday spending offer still available at the branch?  This most recently was on the Thank You card.

I would also like to know what changes are coming to Premier and Prestige, but that is probably sensitive.

Message 2 of 34
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

This will come in handy Smiley Happy thx op!

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 3 of 34
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@JaeJae12 wrote:

Yay! Thanks, JaeJae. I'm sticking this Q&A offer in my back pocket and may pull it out on you in the future....lol  Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 34
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 5 of 34
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

To answer it question -longtimelurker

- for the 5x everyday spending on the TY, some branches may still offer it but its only for X amount of months before you get converted to 2x on restaurants /entertainment and 1x on all others.

- for the prestige there is big changes to it( not very good news) but since the letter of changes hasn't fully been reach to all customers yet most people won't know the changes yet. Currently all branch employees Are required to attend "classes" to discuss the changes being implemented to the prestige so it can be applied it to the branch.

*some information I can breifly tell you is that the prestige won't be prestige anymore( just in the context definition of prestige since you will be losing the good benefits of the card)

* one change is that you will lose the free airline companion pass and the $200 statement credit

But u will only get 1% annual dividend in spend instead.

Currently you still have the original benefits till this end of this year, and by early next year the changes will be fully implemented.

This is all I can say about this so far, but note that there is some more changes to the prestige that I can't really say right now.

Garden mode

Message 6 of 34
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

After paying thousands in interest I discharged Citi in my BK across 3 different cards to the tune of about $30,000 or so.  Please have your girlfriend tell them hello for me, as I'm not allowed within 100 feet of a Citi applicaiton.

Ha!

Seriously, though, can she confirm/deny the existence of the Citi blacklist?  If it exists(99% sure it does), is there any way off it?  Can you age off it?  (I really want my AAdvantage card back; but know it's nearly impossible)

Thanks!

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 7 of 34
myjourney
Super Contributor

Average Credit profile needed for 

Simplicity 

Thank you pref

HH reserved

AA world master

Score..baddies or not,,, other Citi accounts help....

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 8 of 34
enharu
Super Contributor

Thanks for the info!

Saved me an inquiry! I was planning to apply for the citi prestige next month, but maybe not anymore now.

When will the changes start to roll out for the prestige card?
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 9 of 34
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

SoulMaster, in a nice way to say this, Yes it does exist. But I can't tell you how to get of it and how long it stays since it is considered at internal information it can't be reveal or we will get criminal violations

Garden mode

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.