Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CitiBank products.. ASK AWAY

tag
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

Re: CitiBank products.. ASK AWAY

Enharu, the changes are already being implemented system wide, that is why there is currently secret mandatory meeting of all branch employees (pb, managers etc) to know the changes and apply it to the branch( if someone goes in to apply).

- for current card holder/ new applications( if they apply today) they will still be getting the original benefits till the END OF THIS YEAR. AFTER THAT IT WILL BE LIKE THE THANK YOU CARDS, YOU WILL BE IMPLEMENTED TO THE NEW BENEFITS.

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 11 of 34
enharu
Super Contributor

@SM, paying back bad debt usually helps get off the blacklist for most people. Not guaranteed however. Then again, you burned them for 30,000. That's a lot of money to fork out just for card(s) from citi. I really wouldn't recommend it unless that card is that important to you or you can somehow milk out 30k worth of rewards/benefits out of it.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 12 of 34
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

-Myjourney

There is no such minimum aaoa, it solely depends on you CR and how it matches internal scores. But keep in mind that if you have Citigold account it can really help you!

ONE THING TO KEEP IN MIND IS THAT CITI IS SHIFTING FOCUS TOWARDS BUSINESS CONSUMER/citi gold accounts more

Garden mode

Message 13 of 34
enharu
Super Contributor

Jaejae, is there an estimated time frame when will that info be released to public?

So if I'm to apply in the branch sometime next month, rather than online, the branch manager might be able to inform me of the new program, or will I be forcefed into the new program anyhow?

So as long as I apply by end of this year I should have the card as it is right now? Or will the "deadline" be earlier?
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 14 of 34
myjourney
Super Contributor

@JaeJae12 wrote:
-Myjourney

There is no such minimum aaoa, it solely depends on you CR and how it matches internal scores. But keep in mind that if you have Citigold account it can really help you!

ONE THING TO KEEP IN MIND IS THAT CITI IS SHIFTING FOCUS TOWARDS BUSINESS CONSUMER/citi gold accounts more

Oh right up my alley Thanks for the heads up because my next card app is Chase INK now I will have to consider Citi as well Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 15 of 34
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

-Enharu

By early Oct letter should be sending out.
* I think you are confuse of my previous post lol. If you apply now u get the benefit as it is right now till the end of the year. After the year ends your benefit will change.

*This applies to all current/new cardholders so no matter what you will lose the " good perks f the card" and it will be replace with something eh

Garden mode

Message 16 of 34
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

@enharu wrote:
@Anonymous, paying back bad debt usually helps get off the blacklist for most people. Not guaranteed however. Then again, you burned them for 30,000. That's a lot of money to fork out just for card(s) from citi. I really wouldn't recommend it unless that card is that important to you or you can somehow milk out 30k worth of rewards/benefits out of it.

Paying back $30,000 that was discharge just doesn't seem like a tasty thing to do.  I just wanted to confirm it was there... at some point, I'll call and try to argue my way back in, but it's really not that important.

Thanks for the confirmation JaeJae.

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 17 of 34
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

Another quick info that you shud retain is that. " like football players they have jerseys with names and number" (analogy since i cant say internal Information) similar to citi each account holder have that "jersey numbers and names"

So if you are bad to citi or good you get "jersey numbers" so it is easy to identify you and what you did ...

Garden mode

Message 18 of 34
myjourney
Super Contributor

@JaeJae12 wrote:
Another quick info that you shud retain is that. " like football players they have jerseys with names and number" (analogy since i cant say internal Information) similar to citi each account holder have that "jersey numbers and names"

So if you are bad to citi or good you get "jersey numbers" so it is easy to identify you and what you did ...

Lol ok good one 

Number system...got itSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 19 of 34
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@JaeJae12 wrote:

Are there going to be any new cards that citi is going to offer with different rewards or are they just gearing everything toward Thank You Points.

Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.