Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CitiCards Multiple Inquiries

tag
jefftca925
Established Contributor

Re: CitiCards Multiple Inquiries

I believe the only issue that Citibank has regarding applications is that you cannot submit more than two in a 60 day period.  The system will usually decline it based on that rule.  I have two Citi cards as well (one opened in June and another in August) and I just got an offer for the new Thank You points card with 0% interest, 6000 bonus points, free oil changes for life (just kidding Smiley Wink) and it's totally making me salivate.  But I do NOT need another CC.  I can barely keep the ones I have happy with good usage.  MAKE IT STOP!!! Smiley Very Happy  OH!  And if you're in the market for a BT, Citi seems to love them.  They've been hounding me ever since I got my first card.

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 11 of 20
lovely222
Regular Contributor

LMAO @ oil changes for life. That was hilarious. Maybe they'll only give me on INQ since I foolishly applied for two cards in a seven day period. I will be checking out my CreditSecure alerts from Amex religiously! I think I may use the BT offer on my new card. It's 0% for 21 months. You really can't beat that.

6/13: FICO TU (Walmart): 750
6/13: FICO EQ (Score Watch): 769
Goal: 780+, 0 Balances, No app'ing! (For real this time!!!)
Message 12 of 20
jefftca925
Established Contributor

@lovely222 wrote:

@LMAO @ oil changes for life. That was hilarious. Maybe they'll only give me on INQ since I foolishly applied for two cards in a seven day period. I will be checking out my CreditSecure alerts from Amex religiously! I think I may use the BT offer on my new card. It's 0% for 21 months. You really can't beat that.

Is it for the new Thank You card?  I got the same BT offer with mine but I have nothing to transfer as I pay everything off monthly (if not weekly sometimes).  Their CSRs are pretty funny though... they're like "sir, did you know that you can have money transfered into your checking account that you can use for just about anything with this offer?"  OMG!! Smiley Surprised Please do NOT make me take you down to the federal BANKRUPTCY court so you can see all the poor saps that took you up on that offer.  Thats like giving the key to the candy store to a 5 year-old.  I have much better restraint than that Smiley Wink

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 13 of 20
lovely222
Regular Contributor

Wow, paying down everything every week? I commend you. I will be on your level someday. Your credit scores must be amazing! (aka what are they? lol) I'm new at this CC stuff, my oldest account is 5 years old, I got it when I was 18... You do the math. Smiley Wink Haha. I was just approved for the Platinum Select MasterCard. Haven't even received it in the mail yet. 

Message 14 of 20
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@lovely222 wrote:

Wow, paying down everything every week? I commend you. I will be on your level someday....

You can be on this level next week if you get in the habit of never charging what you don't already have the money to pay off right away. Smiley Wink

'Grats on the new plastic. Don't let it boss you around. Smiley Happy

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 15 of 20
lovely222
Regular Contributor

That's my New Year's Resolution. Smiley Tongue

Message 16 of 20
jefftca925
Established Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@lovely222 wrote:

Wow, paying down everything every week? I commend you. I will be on your level someday....

You can be on this level next week if you get in the habit of never charging what you don't already have the money to pay off right away. Smiley Wink

'Grats on the new plastic. Don't let it boss you around. Smiley Happy

That's exactly my mantra.  If I don't have the money in the bank to pay it off right away then I just don't need it.  "Always be a Master to your credit, not a Slave".  I just use CCs for the points and miles and other freebies.  They have made PLENTY of $$ off of me in the past.  Now it's PAYBACK TIME!

Just an FYI... my scores are in the mid to high 700's.  Takes a lot of diligence and hard work to get there.  Anyone on this board will tell you that.

Congrats on the new card though... I just love the smell of new plastic!

Message 17 of 20
lovely222
Regular Contributor

Got an alert from CreditSecure. I have a new INQ from Citibank on my EX report. That's 6 INQ in total this year. 4 from Citi (2 from approved CLIs). Smiley Sad However, for the other card that they did approve, it was from CitiCards, not Citibank. Why is it listing as two separate things? Anyway, I can get them to drop one of them since they occur within a week of each other? Or is that wishful thinking?

Message 18 of 20
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@lovely222 wrote:

Got an alert from CreditSecure. I have a new INQ from Citibank on my EX report. That's 6 INQ in total this year. 4 from Citi (2 from approved CLIs). Smiley Sad However, for the other card that they did approve, it was from CitiCards, not Citibank. Why is it listing as two separate things? Anyway, I can get them to drop one of them since they occur within a week of each other? Or is that wishful thinking?

I wouldn't bother. There's probably no difference in scoring between 5 and 6 inqs.

Definitely don't dispute to try to get it off. Disputing inqs is a time-proven way of having all three bureaus slap Fraud Alerts on your reports.

Just let it go. Inqs don't count that much in scoring; they're a necessary part of building/ rebuilding your credit; and it might help remind you that you've now moved into the credit gardening stage. As in, you're done apping.  Smiley Wink

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 19 of 20
lovely222
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the advice. Letting it go in 5...4...3...2...1. 

Ah, that was nice. Definitely done app'ing!

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.