@MidnightVoice wrote:

I have opted out and am on the "Do Not Call" list  Smiley Very Happy

But my dog isn't.  Smiley Sad

Wish he'd get his own line...

Message 11 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: CitiGroup mails more CC offers than there are Americans

Makes you wonder how the Post Office is going broke! You'd think that Citi was giving them enough business.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have never received an offer from CitiGroup, or any other CC company for that matter. 

Message 13 of 15
timmis1127
Regular Contributor

Same here!

Message 14 of 15
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@tntexans72 wrote:

I recalled opting out but somehow I am still getting offers. Received 1 a couple of months ago for 30,000 AA miles, than received another one last month for 45,000 AA miles in the mail. The offers are getting better and better. If they send me a 100K AA miles, I will give in. But I don't think that could happen, they can't be that desperate Smiley Happy

But we shall see.....

Opting out just means they can't pull your reports.  It's not a do not mail list.  So they could have gotten your info from some other place and targeted you for an offer.

If you want 100K AA miles, check around for the Citi 75K links.  They might be dead now.  They technically expired a long time ago but were still working for quite some time.  I'd check flyertalk and millionmilesecrets.  When they were active, you could get 225K AA miles by applying for the personal Amex, personal Visa, and a business card. 

ETA: pointsguy.com just listed that the Citi 75K links are still active.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.