Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank Benefits E-Mail

tag
estukay
New Contributor

Citibank Benefits E-Mail

Well I just got an email from Citibank to check out my benefits for my forward card. I go check them out and it sayds i only get 1 point per dollar in purchases in bookstores and fast food and etc. Well I thought i had the 5 points per dollar but i guess not. I wonder if i could PC to the thank you preffered. Smiley Indifferent

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citibank Benefits E-Mail

Recon to see if you can get them to give you the 5x!
Message 2 of 5
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@estukay wrote:

Well I just got an email from Citibank to check out my benefits for my forward card. I go check them out and it sayds i only get 1 point per dollar in purchases in bookstores and fast food and etc. Well I thought i had the 5 points per dollar but i guess not. I wonder if i could PC to the thank you preffered. Smiley Indifferent

I think I got that same email today too. I'm gonna call them again myself because they claimed that the Citi Forward and Thank You Preferred for Students are basically the same card and that they couldn't do any upgrades in their system.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 3 of 5
sergi0wned
Contributor

The fine print states:

"Some offers may allow you to earn more than one ThankYou Point for every dollar you spend on purchases at (1) bookstores, (2) record stores, (3) restaurants, including fast food restaurants, (4) motion picture theaters and (5) video entertainment retail stores (“qualifying merchants”). The offer to which you responded describes how many ThankYou Points you earn. Bookstores are defined as stand-alone merchants that primarily sell, for consumer use, books (including textbooks), magazines, maps and calendars. Record stores are defined as stand-alone merchants that primarily sell, for consumer use, records, compact discs (CDs), music and video laser discs, and blank audio and videotapes. Restaurants, including fast food restaurants, are defined as stand-alone merchants that primarily prepare food and drinks for immediate consumption by consumers, either on the merchant’s premises or packaged for carryout. Motion picture theaters are defined as stand-alone merchants that operate movie theaters and sell tickets as well as refreshments. Video entertainment rental stores are defined as stand-alone merchants that primarily rent videotapes, laser discs, DVDs and video games for consumer use at home."

Since I have the legacy card with 5x points, I'm hoping that that's the "offer" I responded to and that I'll still receive 5x points. If not, I'll be calling to see if they can give me the 5x offer again. If they don't, I'll be using my Sallie Mae MC for everything.
20 years old | 4 Cards in my wallet | TU (3/28/14) 743
January 2013 - 1st Financial Bank USA Platinum VISA ($500 --> $1,500)
June 2013- Discover IT Student ($1,500 --> $1,800 --> $2,100), Citi Forward Student ($1,500 --> $2,900)
December 2013 - Macy's American Express ($1,000 --> $3,000)
February 2014 - American Express Blue Cash Everyday ($3,000), Chase Freedom ($2,000)
April 2014 - Sallie Mae MasterCard ($3,800)
Message 4 of 5
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Just called Citi and they said that I have to wait until my next statement comes out early this May and they will look into converting my Forward Card into a TYP Card for Students. It's mainly because they still have me as having that 0% intro offer in their system and that has to completely expire first before they can do anything. Kind of wish that I hadn't changed my payment due date so I could call them back sooner but oh well.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.