Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank Best Buy Cards

tag
axxy
Regular Contributor

Citibank Best Buy Cards

When Citi took over Best Buy store cards, mine stopped working at Bestbuy.com, always declined.  Did that happen to anyone else?

The new one from Citi has a 3-digit CVV code.  The old one didn't have one.  The Best Buy website doesn't ask for it.  When I try to replace the old one with the new one, it says it already has it.  Because it's really the same account, with the same card number.  But why doesn't it want the CVV?  How can I make it accept the new card?

It's the store card whose number starts with a 7.

It shows at the Citibank best buy card website as having a zero balance.

Did anyone else have problems making their new Citibank best buy card work at bestbuy.com?  How did you finally solve the problem?

I've had the same card number, starting with a 7, for about 19 years.  It started at Beneficial Bank, then HRS (but I forgot what HRS stands for) then HSBC then Cap1 then Citibank.  So it looks like, at the end of that long history, the card is going to end up buried under a big steaming pile of Cit.  Best Buy sells mostly overpriced junk anyway.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Citibank Best Buy Cards

@axxy wrote:

When Citi took over Best Buy store cards, mine stopped working at Bestbuy.com, always declined.  Did that happen to anyone else?

The new one from Citi has a 3-digit CVV code.  The old one didn't have one.  The Best Buy website doesn't ask for it.  When I try to replace the old one with the new one, it says it already has it.  Because it's really the same account, with the same card number.  But why doesn't it want the CVV?  How can I make it accept the new card?

It's the store card whose number starts with a 7.

It shows at the Citibank best buy card website as having a zero balance.

Did anyone else have problems making their new Citibank best buy card work at bestbuy.com?  How did you finally solve the problem?

I've had the same card number, starting with a 7, for about 19 years.  It started at Beneficial Bank, then HRS (but I forgot what HRS stands for) then HSBC then Cap1 then Citibank.  So it looks like, at the end of that long history, the card is going to end up buried under a big steaming pile of Cit.  Best Buy sells mostly overpriced junk anyway.

I never tried to use the old card after I got my new card. You should have a new Best By Card by now. I got my Citi BBY Card two months ago. It has the same nuber as my old one.

Ron.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.