Did you mean: 

Citibank Blacklisted

tag
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

Re: Citibank Blacklisted

@gdale6 wrote:

@ways2go wrote:

Does anyone know how long Citibank blacklist you for?   I applied for a credit card.  I forgot I had a credit card with them back in the late 80's  and went Chap 13 with them in 1990.   They declined me  for having late payments with them and going BK with them 24 years ago...   They said any citibank backed cards,  Visa, MC,  Store cards, and Gas Cards..   I understand their reasoning for declining me......   Just strange they gave me a Gas Card over a year ago,  and upped my limit 3 times already on it.  

Whoever says there is no such thing as a blacklist..  there is....

Yes they have a BL and there is no set time for being on it, I am still on it 18 yrs post BK-7 them for 18K. Their co-branded cards (gas, dept stores, home improvement, etc) are not operated by Citibank USA they are run by their CitiFinancial Division and are completely separate from the mainline bankcards, approval for them does not guarantee nor remove you from a Citibank USA BL if you are on it.

+1 I was going to say this. The gas cards and store cards with the Citi name are not the same as the Citi issue credit cards. But how much did you burn Citi for? The amount makes a clear difference as they have memory like an elephant. 

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 11 of 21
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

It was about $1500
Message 12 of 21
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@ways2go wrote:
It was about $1500

This is a small amount may not even be a problem and if it is you will have to figure out whether paying it off is worth being able to deal with Citi.

Message 13 of 21
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

I'll just write them off and never apply to them again. I already have a discover, chase, BOA, cap one, and my walmart just got upgraded to their discover. I'll just stick with those, I have more then enough CL with them and garden my credit. I was just being greedy because they said I pre-qualified.
Message 14 of 21
hoodun

This is an old thread but I just want to add that they blacklisted me for $600 that I actually paid them but it was 3 months late, back in 1995. ..I was in college and I walked in to the bank and paid what I owed with cash, late fees and all. 

I now have a 750 score and received a rejection notice saying that I had a negative mark with them for one of there entry cards.

It should be illegal for banks to be so unfair. Imagine never getting a second chance in life. This is the message these **bleep** are sending. 

Message 15 of 21
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

@VirtualCuriosity wrote:

I would just blacklist them right back....

That's right, damn the man.

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 16 of 21
rudy0720
Regular Contributor

I got back in with Citi 8 years after my Chap 7 BK

Citi Thank You Premier Visa Signature-$9K, Citi Thank You Preferred Vis Signature-$8.3K, Citi AA Signature- 8.5K, Citi Simplicity 9.2K, Citi Diamond-6.1K, Lowes-$10K, Chase Sapphire Preferred- $ 5K, AMEX BCE $14.5K, AMEX Starwood Preferred $15K, ,AMEX Everyday-$5K, Fidelity Amex-$10K, US Bank 123 rewards Kroger-$17K, Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature-$30K, Amex Delta-$10K, Barclay Arrival Plus- $10K, Penfed Travel Rewards Amex-$10K, Bank of America Cash Rewards- $14K
Message 17 of 21
hoodun

I applied again last night (in disbelief at the first rejection) and got approved for 5k. Makes little sense.

note: I initially applied about 6 months ago. Maybe I just hit the 20 year mark with them?

Message 18 of 21
klarso11
Regular Contributor

Citibank declined me this year for AA card because of BK 26 years ago! But they own my Bestbuy card which they gave me 2 years ago. They are difficult to talk to.
Message 19 of 21
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

SInce the thread was raised from the dead, I'll chime in too.

Honestly, does it really matter, in the grand scheme of things, if 1 lender out of many refuses to extend you credit? There are so many other players in the game who I think offer better products than Citi (i.e., Chase, Captial One, American Express, NFCU, Penfed, NASA, Comenity, etc.). Granted I have a citicard, the AAdvantage card and let me tell you, it sucks. It's spending time keeping my socks and underwear company.

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.