Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank Cards

tag
sammyfire2001
Frequent Contributor

Citibank Cards

I was thinking of applying for a Citi card.  I have BOA balance that I want to transfer before my 16% apr kicks in next month.  Anyone have any suggestions for a card.  I'm leaning towards Citi Platinum Select MasterCard  Does anyone know who citi pulls in NY?

Message Edited by sammyfire2001 on 12-17-2008 06:40 PM
As of Apr 2019: EX - 734; EQ - ??? TU - 748
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Re: Citibank Cards

I just app'ed for and received Citi Diamond Preferred. I think it is very good. Check the intro offers carefully before app'ing.
Message 2 of 6
score_building
Senior Contributor

@sammyfire2001 wrote:

I was thinking of applying for a Citi card.  I have BOA balance that I want to transfer before my 16% apr kicks in next month.  Anyone have any suggestions for a card.  I'm leaning towards Citi Platinum Select MasterCard  Does anyone know who citi pulls in NY?

i wanted to check my reports b4 responding, i apped the platinum select MC about a year ago and i really like the card.  even though it is a very basic card, it offers good terms (depending on their review of your application and cbr).  somehow there is no citi HP on my cbr- 

i wonder how citi typically appears on an inq. list, i think 'citi...', no?.  i'd say platinum select is a real winner in the basic card category.  one footnote, i was among the v. large number of people who received a change of terms RJ letter recently.  i called to point out my very good credit profile and record with citi.  in response they reversed the notice of change of terms and lowered my APR.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 6
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

@score_building wrote:

i wonder how citi typically appears on an inq. list,

In the inquiry section of my TC report the EX inquiry for my recent app  appears as "CITI".

@score_building wrote:

i was among the v. large number of people who received a change of terms RJ letter recently.  i called to point out my very good credit profile and record with citi.  in response they reversed the notice of change of terms and lowered my APR.

I recently app'ed for and was granted a Citi Diamond Preferred card. I had previously received a (now expired) pre-approved offer based on the Tier 1 rate which is now 7.74%V. I was approved for the Tier 2 rate now 11.74%V. I called and asked why and I was immediately reduced to the 7.74%V APR. (These rates are headed south as soon as the recent prime rate drop perculates thru the system.) I am still trying to get rest of the Tier 1 package (12 months rather than 9 months on the intro APR's.) The rep could not make that adjustment herself and the request had to be referred to another department for further review. We'll see how that goes.
Message Edited by jmbfl on 12-18-2008 02:38 PM
Message 4 of 6
smallfry
Senior Contributor

I would seriously consider a good credit union card esp in this credit climate. The big banks are not in a very generous mood these days.
Message 5 of 6
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Citi tends to favor EQ. They pulled it for me on my first app, but they've pulled EX recently.
Here we go again...
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.