Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
New Contributor

Citibank Closed Inactive Account - Merge with other Citi product?

Citi closed an old ConocoPhillips Mastercard I had for inactivity. It was a small account, but one of my older ones.

I know Citi is hellbent on not re-activating these accounts, but I wonder if it's a crazy idea to ask them to merge this old account with another Citi card I currently use.

Any input?

Thanks,

Jesse

TU 767 EX 761
Established Contributor

Re: Citibank Closed Inactive Account - Merge with other Citi product?

My bet is Citi wont re-open a closed acct just to combine,But if you decide to call and try post a follow up.
Established Contributor

I'm sure they will pull your report if you ask them to re-open your account.
Established Contributor

YoungEntrepeneur wrote:
I'm sure they will pull your report if you ask them to re-open your account.

Yeah for an entirely new app.Not a closed acct..
Established Contributor

From my experiences with re-opening closed accounts, creditors have asked me if I give them the permission to pull my reports in order for them to even consider opening my account and I said "no thanks".
Highlighted
Established Contributor

YoungEntrepeneur wrote:
From my experiences with re-opening closed accounts, creditors have asked me if I give them the permission to pull my reports in order for them to even consider opening my account and I said "no thanks".

Yeah i agree with that.
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.