Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank Credit Card Online Access

tag
SteveNSC
Established Member

Citibank Credit Card Online Access

I applied for a Citi Diamond Preferred Card today and during the application process was asked to setup online access.  After calling per the instructions, I was approved for the card.  Does anyone know if you can access the online information prior to receiving the card?  At this point, it simply says ERROR when I try to long on with the creditials I setup during the application process.

Thanks.

Starting Score: Fico TU 696, Fico EQ 632, Plus EX 720 7/12/11
Current Score: Fico TU 762, Fico EQ 727, Plus EX 780
Goal Score: 780

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Nightfallx
New Contributor

Re: Citibank Credit Card Online Access

when i was approved for citi it didn't ask me to setup anything, i thought only amex did that.

in my wallet:
Amex Zync : NPSL (main card always pif)
Discover More: 6,500$ (no balance)
Chase Sapphire : 5000.00$ (no balance)
Citi Thank You Card backed by Amex 8,200$ (no balance)
Amex Blue Cash 21,000$
Best Buy Store Card : 5,700$ (I'm a nerd so used a lot)
Message 2 of 8
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Discover will ask you to set up your account online, but this is a first i've heard of from Citi. 

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 3 of 8
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

I am having the same problem.  I was approved yesterday and did everything I was supposed to so.  I think I'll wait until the card arrives and then call them.  But if anyone has any information on this, I'd appreciate it.

Established Contributor

Hey Steve,

Apparently they dealt with whatever caused the error message.  Just now I got past the login screen, and it showed me the last four digits of my new account, but I need the security code from the card in order to login.  So I'll just have to wait for the card to arrive.  The good news is that they said 4-7 days, which is pretty quick.

Established Member

Thanks for the update.  Yes I called and they said I would need the card in hand to complete the registration.  They also said I should have the card in 7 calendar days or less from the date of approval and to let them know if I didn't.  I thought that was really fast too!

Starting Score: Fico TU 696, Fico EQ 632, Plus EX 720 7/12/11
Current Score: Fico TU 762, Fico EQ 727, Plus EX 780
Goal Score: 780

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 8
jefftca925
Established Contributor

Full use of the website for ANY Citi card requires verification of the receipt of the card itself.  When I got my 2nd Citi card last year it didn't show up on my online profile until after I received the physical card and added it.  BofA and Chase will add new cards to a profile shortly after approval and without receipt of the card.

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 7 of 8
johnnie198x
Contributor

I apped and was asked to setup online access. I was able to login right after that, although nothing was in it (application pending). When the application got approved (but not received the card), I was asked for the card number and security code.

As you figured out, you do need to have the card in hands to have the online access.

AmEx Blue Cash Everyday - $1,100 - need CLI or will close
BankAmerica Cash Rewards - $10,000
Chase Freedom - $10,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred - $5,000
Chase Ink Bold - $5,000
Citi Platinum Select - $2,600
Discover More - $4,000
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.