Did you mean: 

Citibank Denial

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citibank Denial

@s_haliz wrote:

@B335is wrote:

6 inq in the last 6 months is the limit for Citi.  Not even EO will overturn a denial for inquiries.  Sorry for denial, they pulled 2 reports because you might be borderline.  The score they gave you was probably from the primary CR pulled.  Cap1 pulls all 3 but only gave me 1 score (I think EQ) and Chase likes to pull 2 - YMMV.

With any give CB I suppose (I mean none of the EX, TU, EQ should have more than 6 inqs. at the time of application). 

Correct, on whatever report they pull, no more than 6 in 6 months.  There's probably thousands of data points over at FT on it.

Message 11 of 13
CelticLady
Regular Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@s_haliz wrote:

@B335is wrote:

6 inq in the last 6 months is the limit for Citi.  Not even EO will overturn a denial for inquiries.  Sorry for denial, they pulled 2 reports because you might be borderline.  The score they gave you was probably from the primary CR pulled.  Cap1 pulls all 3 but only gave me 1 score (I think EQ) and Chase likes to pull 2 - YMMV.

With any give CB I suppose (I mean none of the EX, TU, EQ should have more than 6 inqs. at the time of application). 

Correct, on whatever report they pull, no more than 6 in 6 months.  There's probably thousands of data points over at FT on it.

I applied for a Citi card back in January and they pulled TU and EX. Denial for inquires and I only had 1 on TU (1 in 2 years) and 2 on EX. They did not provide a credit score with the denial.

Now, with that said, I had just applied for my Chase Amazon card on the 15th, Barclays on the 20th and then Citi on the 23rd. So, that may have been their reasoning behind it being too many. I did not try to recon at the time. I still can't remember for sure if I IIB them in 98 but I think I did which may also contribute.

Wells Fargo Propel / AMEX BCE / Cap1 QS WMC / Chase Freedom / Cap1 QS / Discover it / Cap1 QSO / Chase Amazon Visa / PayPal CBMC /
Message 12 of 13
red259
Super Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@s_haliz wrote:

@B335is wrote:

What if you had like 8 inqs less than a year old but all over six months are they cool with that? I'm just making up numbers, but I was curious if they look at inqs older than six months. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.